iOS 14 public beta 1 is out

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
This beta seems okay so far. Random force closes on some apps, but they aren't necessary apps for me.

The big one is that my mobile banking app isn't compatible at this time. I'll be reporting feedback this morning for that

Has your bank updated their app yet?

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Must be an iOS issue. It’s working properly on the iPadOS public beta.

It works for me in my iPhone XS. So far the beta is fine. It’s gonna take me some time to find the widget setup that works for me, though. I love the app library

My only complaint so far is not beta specific, but that there is STILL no way to sort songs in a playlist from the Music app. This is such basic functionality I can’t believe we still don’t have it. I like to have the most recently added songs at the top and Spotify does this easily. I hate having to add a song and then go to the very bottom of the list and then drag it all the way up every time I add a song (which can sometimes be a whole album at once).

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
It works for me in my iPhone XS. So far the beta is fine. It’s gonna take me some time to find the widget setup that works for me, though. I love the app library

My only complaint so far is not beta specific, but that there is STILL no way to sort songs in a playlist from the Music app. This is such basic functionality I can’t believe we still don’t have it. I like to have the most recently added songs at the top and Spotify does this easily. I hate having to add a song and then go to the very bottom of the list and then drag it all the way up every time I add a song (which can sometimes be a whole album at once).

Siri thing must be a random bug only affecting some people then or maybe device screen resolution. I’ve seen 11 and XS owners say no issue but XR which is a different res having problems. Anyway, I was just guessing it might be an iOS issue. I haven’t tried the iOS beta yet just the iPad one. I’m probably adding it to my 11 Pro Max soon though.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Anyone decide to set their device up as new for the beta? I was thinking about it once I swap to it. Currently have most of my apps in folders but that’s mostly to keep from having 5-7 home screens instead of 1-2.

Now that there’s a screen to basically do that for us I was thinking of setting up new to clear out a couple years of transferred junk etc from restoring local encrypted backups to new devices and upgrades from older iOS versions. Then just drag out the apps I’m actually using and of course some widgets. I mean I’d still restore from iCloud but after wiping the device first after the os upgrade.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Mine in the Czech Republic hasn’t been updated, but it still works. I still won’t put it on my main device, though, in case it stops working with future beta updates.

If it works currently it’s unlikely to break in a future beta update. Not saying it’s not possible. The main reason apps like that will stop working is they detect you’re on an OS version they don’t support or think the device is jailbroken and not secure. If it’s working on the current beta version there’s a pretty good chance it will continue to work. Obviously not 100% but most likely.

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
If it works currently it’s unlikely to break in a future beta update. Not saying it’s not possible. The main reason apps like that will stop working is they detect you’re on an OS version they don’t support or think the device is jailbroken and not secure. If it’s working on the current beta version there’s a pretty good chance it will continue to work. Obviously not 100% but most likely.

Oooh I didn’t know that. Thanks. That makes me feel more confident...especially now that it looks like my Memoji doesn’t work on my 11 (not on beta), but only on my XS (beta). I didn’t make any changes to it, but I did open the edit menu to see the new hairstyles, but I didn’t save any actual edits. I’ll have to make a new one on my 11 I guess.

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Siri works like it should on my iPhone 11 Pro Max running the latest dev beta of iOS 14.

I found "hey ṣírí" doesn't seem to work when you have sound recognition turned on. Anyone else found this to be the case or is it a bug? By the way I'm on the iPhone 11 pro max as well.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the weather widget not updating? I know it was supposedly fixed, but unless I go in and click on the saved location (instead of current location) it shows me Cupertino.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I found "hey ṣírí" doesn't seem to work when you have sound recognition turned on. Anyone else found this to be the case or is it a bug? By the way I'm on the iPhone 11 pro max as well.

Siri with CarPlay is not working. I get the “no internet connection” or “I didn’t get that” when trying to make a command.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with the weather widget not updating? I know it was supposedly fixed, but unless I go in and click on the saved location (instead of current location) it shows me Cupertino.

Mine is updating properly with my current location. I’ve seen some predicted highs a bit off though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods