Is anyone receiving notifications on their iPhone running iOS 14 when your Watch is fully charged?

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Once ios14 is installed,your iPhone is supposed to ping you with a notification when your Apple Watch is fully charged.

I haven’t been receiving notifications when my watch is charged. I’m running beta 2 as of last evening. Is there a switch somewhere to turn this on?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 14 - apple watch charging notifications

I don't have the beta, but does this functionality require the watchOS 7 beta on the watch to work as well? Do you have that installed as well?

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I don't have the beta, but does this functionality require the watchOS 7 beta on the watch to work as well? Do you have that installed as well?

I have the watchOS 7 beta installed. I’ve seen the new notification about my AirPod pro batteries being low on charge, but I’ve not seen the notification re: my watch being fully charged.

cedcodgy82

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site

I have iOS 14 beta 2 as well as watchOS 7 beta 2 recently installed and I have received a notification on my phone that my Apple Watch has been fully charged.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Once ios14 is installed,your iPhone is supposed to ping you with a notification when your Apple Watch is fully charged.

I haven’t been receiving notifications when my watch is charged. I’m running beta 2 as of last evening. Is there a switch somewhere to turn this on?

I do recall getting a notification that my Watch was fully charged when I initially installed watchOS 7 and iOS 14, but since I typically charge both devices overnight, I haven’t noticed any notifications since.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
374a8b1e1b9e20c540a5be036b69a7d2.jpg

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. I haven’t gotten it. I’d assume that even though I charge overnight I’d still get the notification.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm. I haven’t gotten it. I’d assume that even though I charge overnight I’d still get the notification.

That was my thought. I figured I’d see something in the Notification Center or on the Lockscreen in the AM.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
That’s what I was thinking but as of yet, I’ve got nothing

I’ve still not received any notifications. I’ve charged my watch a few times while I’ve been awake and haven’t seen anything. I’m a bit perplexed. I’m using a Apple Watch 4 with an iPhone, both with the beta firmware.

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I’ve still not received any notifications. I’ve charged my watch a few times while I’ve been awake and haven’t seen anything. I’m a bit perplexed. I’m using a Apple Watch 4 with an iPhone, both with the beta firmware.

Since on ios beta 4 (public) I get notifications from my watch on the public beta as well.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Since on ios beta 4 (public) I get notifications from my watch on the public beta as well.

Are the notifications persistent? Do they look like regular notifications? Could I just be missing them (every time my watch charges)? I haven’t found a place to change the notification behavior. Is there one?

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I finally saw the notification early this morning. It’s not persistent and just happened to be awake and looking at my phone at 3:00am.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have been receiving that notification every single time that my watch is fully charged. It doesn’t tell you what time the notification was shown, but it stays in the notifications screen until you clear it.