iOS 14 developer beta 2 is out.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You’ve been among us mods and ambassadors for a considerable time now, Annie.
You should know by now there is nothing to be afraid of installing betas.
But also, there is nothing wrong with caution, so I do understand your POV.

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
That’s my guess. Maybe the charging coil. The 3 wireless chargers I have in my house are Mophie, Belkin, and Samsung. Neither of my 2 iPhones on iOS 14 had issues with wireless charging. Not a single time.

Well it looks like it’s just a bug with the beta for me. I downgraded back to 13 and everything was working as expected. Moved back to 14 and same problems continued. Also I’ve noticed that I can’t update carrier settings. It tells me there’s an update but it won’t update. Hopefully beta 3 will fix it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Well it looks like it’s just a bug with the beta for me. I downgraded back to 13 and everything was working as expected. Moved back to 14 and same problems continued. Also I’ve noticed that I can’t update carrier settings. It tells me there’s an update but it won’t update. Hopefully beta 3 will fix it.

What brand of charger are you using? Any other wireless charger to try? What weird is I have 2 phones running the beta on 3 different chargers without a single issue. Also, what phone are you using? Maybe somebody else who has same phone can chime in on their experiences with wireless charging.

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
It’s an anker charging stand. I charges my wife’s 10S max and my SE (work phone) just fine. I’m using the 11 Pro Max. I only have the one wireless pad since my wife keeps her phone downstairs and just plugs it in. I mean it’s not a huge deal breaker. Just a huge bug I’ve noticed. I have to run into town tomorrow. I guess I’ll grab another wireless charger then and see if it charges.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
No issues with wireless charging for me at all thankfully, iPhone XR & 11 Pro. Using a Hyper Drive 7W charger, Mophie Wireless Charing Base, HyperJuice Wireless Car Charger and a Nomad Base Station Apple Watch Edition without issues. Both Beta 1 and Beta 2 have been the best that I've had loaded, and I've loaded every developer beta over the years.

dontjenksme

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I’m missing something but my AirPods no longer announce text messages and I can’t find where to enable this. Just wondering if this is something that has been lost in the beta or am I missing something

fleeper

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Weird issue. When I open my airpods case I rarely (almost never) never get the popup showing the battery level of the case. If I swipe over to the screen where you would normally se battery levels I see the airpods but not the case. Am I missing something or has anyone else noticed this?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Weird issue. When I open my airpods case I rarely (almost never) never get the popup showing the battery level of the case. If I swipe over to the screen where you would normally se battery levels I see the airpods but not the case. Am I missing something or has anyone else noticed this?

You’ll only see the battery level of the case if one or both the AirPods are in the case.
This because the case itself doesn’t have a BT chip in it, so it needs at least one AirPod in it to communicate with your iPhone (or any other device).

fleeper

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
You’ll only see the battery level of the case if one or both the AirPods are in the case.
This because the case itself doesn’t have a BT chip in it, so it needs at least one AirPod in it to communicate with your iPhone (or any other device).

Yeah I leave one or both in but still not seeing it. Just weird because I don't know battery level of case.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
When someone on the beta shares a photo using the new image format, it doesn't show in iMessage for someone still on 13.

That’s only gonna be a problem with a select few people you know for about at most 2 more months.
Hang in there buddy. Soon you’ll also reap the benefits of iOS 14

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods