iOS 14 developer beta 2 is out.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have the same feeling. I remember last year when we got to dev beta 4 on iOS 13 it felt like 4 steps back.

Beta 4 is still 2 betas away. There still is time for them to break it all. Yeah I remember. I had no choice at that time to downgrade until the next beta hit.

EagleFox007

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Beta 2 broke my exchange email. Unable to verify server. I’m not able to setup my work email anymore so I ended up using the outlook app instead.

patton4549

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Dark mode with widgets is still all over the place for me. Sometimes their dark I go to another screen then their light again. Otherwise just as stable so far as beta 1

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I still get some weird glitches. The weather widget was stuck for a bit, Niantic hasn't addressed iOS 14 for Pokemon Go, still can't set default email client or web browser, I haven't checked to see if tapback still has phantom taps or not. Overall it's a functional beta still, no real complaints.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
This could just be an issue with my corporate account, however just after Beta 2 upgrade yesterday all three of my iOS devices prompted me to re-authenticate to Microsoft 365. The authentication (2FA using Microsoft Authenticator app) worked ok, however I'm then prompted with the "Need admin approval" screen for "Apple Internet Accounts", then prompted to provide an admin account to authorise it (I'm not an admin).

I'm using native mail/calendar/contacts with M365, and this was all working just fine with iOS13 and then iOS 14 Beta 1.

Anyone seeing a similar issue or have ideas on what to fix.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you contact your IT department, since they might need to approve the iOS apps access to the Microsoft 365 accounts in your organization.

It is not always automatic, it all depends on the organization’s policies.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm able to verify my server, however my login is failing as I need to grant admin approval to "Apple Internet Accounts". Rather odd given this was working just fine, perhaps the identifier for the "Apple Internet Accounts" has updated in iOS 14. Strangely others in my organisation don't have this issue and have upgraded to iOS 14 Beta 2.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I suggest you contact your IT department, since they might need to approve the iOS apps access to the Microsoft 365 accounts in your organization.

It is not always automatic, it all depends on the organization’s policies.

Just odd that it was working with iOS 14 Beta 1, perhaps apple has updated the app ID for the built in internet accounts for M365. But yes, I've reached out to the admin team, hoping they can help me sort this out. Also going to read the dev release notes to see if any mention of this comes back.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
A few of my third party apps are crashing on beta 2. All was fine on beta 1. Oh well, I’ll have to wait for an update.

*Edit* They work when I turn off WiFi. Weird

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Widgets are not even close to Android widgets and only some app can be a widget. The App Library is nothing to scream about either Apple needs to step up with better updates

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Widgets are not even close to Android widgets and only some app can be a widget. The App Library is nothing to scream about either Apple needs to step up with better updates

As someone who’s flipped back and forth over the years for various reasons, a marriage of iOS 14 and my iPhone 11 Pro is the kinda marriage that I can be faithful to.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Downloaded to my only iPhone left, original SE.
Amazing that it works on such a dated device.
Widgets have a long way to go but are promising.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox