Has your experience with iOS/iPadOS 14 and macOS Big Sur been positive or negative?

Has your experience with the new betas been positive or negative?

• Positive

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Negative

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Still deciding

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To those of you who have installed any or all of the new betas that became available after Apple’s WWDC Keynote, have your experience been positive or negative?

Please vote via the poll when you post your reply. Thanks.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
This beta has been great so far. It does not feel like an early beta OS. Everything works well with the exception of 2 apps so far that I have found. Mariokart World Tour and myODFW.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I am contemplating on installing the Beta. i’m kind of worried about battery. The main reason I stopped doing betas was I had a problem with my battery (even though that was over three years ago I think) & I remember someone at the Apple store said no more betas. I’ve heard batteries life aren’t that good during betas. can you roll back if it’s not and the battery will improve?

Modelflier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I’m pretty much happy with iPadOS14 beta on my iPad Pro 11”. Have a few apps which are either not working or parts are missing and need to be updated.
One I do miss is Google Maps which won’t let me ‘share’ a route, but I expect these apps to be fixed nearer the official release.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I am contemplating on installing the Beta. i’m kind of worried about battery. The main reason I stopped doing betas was I had a problem with my battery (even though that was over three years ago I think) & I remember someone at the Apple store said no more betas. I’ve heard batteries life aren’t that good during betas. can you roll back if it’s not and the battery will improve?

I'd say don't do it. The primary purpose of betas (particularly at this early stage) is for developers to prepare their apps for new and improved technologies and to report any bugs that you find to Apple so that they can attempt to repair them prior to launch. If you have a spare device that you can play around with to evaluate the beta, fine. Most people should not install the beta on a primary phone device, particularly if you must rely on it when you are away from a computer or other devices.

If you back up your device to iTunes now, you can restore the device if you roll back to stable, but you cannot restore a backup prepared with the beta version back to an older version of iOS. So you would have to roll back to an older backup or you would have to start from scratch after installing without restoring your data. (That is not a problem for me; most apps that I use sync data with cloud services, so it takes a short amount of time for me to rebuild from scratch. Most people are not like this.)

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
So far iOS and iPadOS have been smooth as silk. No real issues that I can think of. This beta train has been solid so far

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So far iOS and iPadOS have been smooth as silk. No real issues that I can think of. This beta train has been solid so far

I would also add that macOS Big Sur has been rock solid - at least it has been for me to this point.

trw1602

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
The new animations make my iOS devices seem buttery smooth and fast. I'm still rocking a XS Max and it feels like a brand new device.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77