View Poll Results: Has your experience with the new betas been positive or negative?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Positive

4 80.00%
  • Negative

0 0%
  • Still deciding

1 20.00%
    To those of you who have installed any or all of the new betas that became available after Apple’s WWDC Keynote, have your experience been positive or negative?

Please vote via the poll when you post your reply. Thanks.
    Annie_M likes this.
    06-28-2020 06:56 AM
    This beta has been great so far. It does not feel like an early beta OS. Everything works well with the exception of 2 apps so far that I have found. Mariokart World Tour and myODFW.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-29-2020 10:12 AM
    My experience has been extremely positive!
    06-29-2020 02:34 PM
    So far positive for iPhone. It does make for a nicer interface which was well overdue. No issues with beta.
    06-29-2020 04:37 PM
    Mine has been great but shouldn't there be a clock widget for the home-screen?
    06-29-2020 08:49 PM
    I am contemplating on installing the Beta. i’m kind of worried about battery. The main reason I stopped doing betas was I had a problem with my battery (even though that was over three years ago I think) & I remember someone at the Apple store said no more betas. I’ve heard batteries life aren’t that good during betas. can you roll back if it’s not and the battery will improve?
    07-07-2020 11:24 PM
    I’m pretty much happy with iPadOS14 beta on my iPad Pro 11”. Have a few apps which are either not working or parts are missing and need to be updated.
    One I do miss is Google Maps which won’t let me ‘share’ a route, but I expect these apps to be fixed nearer the official release.
    07-08-2020 02:23 AM
    I am contemplating on installing the Beta. i’m kind of worried about battery. The main reason I stopped doing betas was I had a problem with my battery (even though that was over three years ago I think) & I remember someone at the Apple store said no more betas. I’ve heard batteries life aren’t that good during betas. can you roll back if it’s not and the battery will improve?
    I'd say don't do it. The primary purpose of betas (particularly at this early stage) is for developers to prepare their apps for new and improved technologies and to report any bugs that you find to Apple so that they can attempt to repair them prior to launch. If you have a spare device that you can play around with to evaluate the beta, fine. Most people should not install the beta on a primary phone device, particularly if you must rely on it when you are away from a computer or other devices.

If you back up your device to iTunes now, you can restore the device if you roll back to stable, but you cannot restore a backup prepared with the beta version back to an older version of iOS. So you would have to roll back to an older backup or you would have to start from scratch after installing without restoring your data. (That is not a problem for me; most apps that I use sync data with cloud services, so it takes a short amount of time for me to rebuild from scratch. Most people are not like this.)
    07-08-2020 09:56 AM