iOS 14 Developer Beta 1

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
For what it’s worth I have found these apps picture in picture is already working nativity in the app

Netflix.
Disney+.
Prime video.
Tv.
Xfinity stream.

Not working.

YouTube.

Yeah I highly doubt YouTube will ever work since native PiP has been a thing on the iPad for awhile and it’s still not available via the YouTube app. Google just sucks!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well this is new... to me

655836d5a798cd1d347435f72c3c154a.jpg

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
But now that I think of it... it is a good post for others to see. There might be a few of us that want to make sure that it is turned off should 14.1 beta be released this week. Good chance that the next few beta's might break stuff.

Definitely! And those of us who are not on the betas enjoy every little tidbit you guys are posting!

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
This is not a new feature by any means. It’s been around since iOS 12, I believe. But it’s extremely difficult to make work. First off, you have to wake up at the same time every day and set Do Not Disturb accordingly. Then when you pick up the phone upon waking it should display the greeting. Should is the operative word. I believe if a message or notification comes in before you pick up the phone, all bets are off. Oh and you need to keep the Apple weather app running in the background at all times (“Always” setting). I’ve seen it a few times over the years but my waking patterns are so varied that it’s virtually useless.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
We’re still here. This is a holiday weekend so I’m sure people are out making the best of it. The conversation will pick back up at some point.

That, combined with the fact that Beta 1 has been so solid, lends itself to a situation where after a couple weeks there’ll be less to talk about until the 2nd beta. IMHO

syx6sic

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I’m getting about 4 or 5 restarts a day on my 11 Pro :(

When is dev beta 2 coming?

Haven’t had this happen either all I have had was the mail app lock up for a few minutes after a restart with my battery case on while it loads everything but fixing it is just restarting without the apply battery case attached