iOS 14 Developer Beta 1

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having issues with updating apps? I have been trying to update 2...Cigna and Netflix and it they have been updating for 2 hours and are 50% downloaded. Running iOS14 on an 8 Plus

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Anyone having issues with updating apps? I have been trying to update 2...Cigna and Netflix and it they have been updating for 2 hours and are 50% downloaded. Running iOS14 on an 8 Plus

Not yet... Cigna updated for me just fine this morning. Haven't had Netflix update come through, yet. Last update for Netflix on my device was 3 days ago.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Not yet... Cigna updated for me just fine this morning. Haven't had Netflix update come through, yet. Last update for Netflix on my device was 3 days ago.

My Netflix update was from 3 days ago too. This is not the first time that since downloading iOS14 that updates to apps were agonizingly slow.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
My Netflix update was from 3 days ago too. This is not the first time that since downloading iOS14 that updates to apps were agonizingly slow.

Updates have been following normal pattern from iOS 13 on my devices. Knock on wood. 13 early beta were pretty awful.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
When you pull down a homescreen and enter the name of an app in the search bar it will let you immediately open the app without you having to tap the app icon in the search results.
I don’t believe this was possible in iOS 13

Just type in the name and hit Go.
https://youtu.be/GafqftY3urM

Last edited:

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
So you spotlight searched an app and it auto launched? Just tried that and no bueno

Didn't auto launch for me either. But looks like you type the app name and tap go on keyboard. I can duplicate that. If you watch the video carefully, you can see the go being tapped.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
If there are more than 4 apps in a group you’ll get a folder in the lower right corner of said group. To view all the apps in that group tap on that folder with the small app icons as opposed to tapping on one of the normally sized app icons.

6de6db99494b529e6c752de5009accef.jpg

Can you “rename” the folders?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Battery life has been horrible for me. Seems Safari may be the culprit.

Hopefully, your battery life will improve soon. My iPhone has been off the charger now for about 12-½ hours and I still have 65% battery life remaining. My phone was mostly using cellular data today while at work and the signal is somewhat weak in my office so I'm sure that played a role in diminishing my battery life a bit, but still, 65% remaining after being off the charger for almost 13 hours is darn good, in my opinion.