iOS 14 Developer Beta 1

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
This just looks like folders. How is it better than folders on the screen?

Because now you can delete apps from the homescreen and still have them on your phone, in the App Library.
Downside to that is you can’t tell which of the apps in the App Library aren’t on the homescreen.
So, if you have a lot of apps, you have to know the name of an app to open it.

I hope Apple groups all apps that are deleted from the homescreen are grouped together in the App Library.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Because now you can delete apps from the homescreen and still have them on your phone, in the App Library.
Downside to that is you can’t tell which of the apps in the App Library aren’t on the homescreen.

I hope Apple groups all apps that are deleted from the home screen are grouped together in the App Library.

Yes grouping deleted apps from home screen would be nice. I am trying to adapt to the app library and only 1 home screen. It would be nice to toggle customization of app library. Toggle for Apple sorting or toggle for us to select what goes where. Apple's sorting of apps doesn't go well with my grouping of app by folder. Navigation and weather apps don't fit well in the predetermined "reference & reading" category, for me.

Definitely sending feedback on this.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I hope Apple groups all apps that are deleted from the homescreen are grouped together in the App Library.

I don’t think they’re grouped together that way. I believe, and I’ve been wrong before but not often, that they’re grouped by their category that you might find in the App Store. This is perfect for me because before I abandoned the practice of using folders, I was grouping my apps that way.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have a glitch with the Smart Stack where it just kinda disappears when trying to scroll through it?

Happening frequently on my iPad, unsure if this persists on iOS as well.
77a521cacd2f7ce974e1766f1eba75c8.png

Also, I have to say, I had really hoped we would have been able to place widgets throughout the homescreen on iPadOS like in iOS... I love my wallpaper, but there is so much free/unusable space!

273f13bbd6afe10f272c7bcfa1522523.png

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else have a glitch with the Smart Stack where it just kinda disappears when trying to scroll through it?

Happening frequently on my iPad, unsure if this persists on iOS as well.
77a521cacd2f7ce974e1766f1eba75c8.png

Also, I have to say, I had really hoped we would have been able to place widgets throughout the homescreen on iPadOS like in iOS... I love my wallpaper, but there is so much free/unusable space!

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200625/273f13bbd6afe10f272c7bcfa1522523.png

My iPad doesn't like this beta so well, very glitchy and stutters. But it is an Air2. My Pro Max loves the beta, no issues so far except 1 app won't run... Mariokart. Oh well, just a game... life of early beta testing. All other apps work so far... haven't found another that doesn't play well.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
My iPad doesn't like this beta so well, very glitchy and stutters. But it is an Air2. My Pro Max loves the beta, no issues so far except 1 app won't run... Mariokart. Oh well, just a game... life of early beta testing. All other apps work so far... haven't found another that doesn't play well.

Other than this glitch, the beta is working near flawlessly on my iPad Pro 12.9 (2018). No app issues either (mainly using the native apps, and then all of the Microsoft apps for work)

It was working fine on my 11 Pro, but I downgraded since certain games that use GPS (Pokemon Go haha) don’t work yet since Niantic’s anti-spoofing/jailbreaking code thinks this beta is trying to spoof (I assume due to the updated privacy settings/options for GPS). Hopefully there is a fix soon so I can re-update to iOS14!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Ya'll have this on your primary device yet?

My primary device is no longer iPhone so technically no. I haven’t popped my sim in my iPhone for nearly 4 months so I’m not too concerned. But it’s good enough for every day use I’d say.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having Bluetooth issues? Mine turns off and on constantly breaking my connection with my AirPods. Seems to happen when using YouTube app.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having Bluetooth issues? Mine turns off and on constantly breaking my connection with my AirPods. Seems to happen when using YouTube app.

Been connected to my car stereo all the day with Music playing and have had no issues.
I turn my car on and off about 150 times in 6 hours time and it connects and disconnects every time without issues.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I was connected with my Sennheiser headphones the other day without any issues and I’m definitely not experiencing any issues being connected to my car’s infotainment system via Bluetooth.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Connect my AirPods Pro every morning while I treadmill and haven’t had any issues. Connect a few times throughout the day flawlessly as well. Hate that you’re having connection issues though.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
interesting. my brother isn't having issues with bluetooth as well. My phone was previously jailbroken, I am starting to think I did nit remove the jailbreak properly. I am not sure where to go from here rather than waiting for beta 2 and hope for the best lol
Been connected to my car stereo all the day with Music playing and have had no issues.
I turn my car on and off about 150 times in 6 hours time and it connects and disconnects every time without issues.

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site

Yes I have had this issue a few times. Music would statt playing then the headphones would disconnect and connect rapidly a few times.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have had this issue a few times. Music would statt playing then the headphones would disconnect and connect rapidly a few times.

Ok so maybe this isn’t just an issue on my end. Let’s hope beta 2 fixes it. I’m willing to put up with it. We all know what we are getting into running beta 1