iOS 14 Developer Beta 1

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Downgrading back to 13.6 beta 2 was pretty flawless from iCloud backup (restored using restore images on my Mac) - just waiting for things to download.

Really enjoyed playing with iOS14 for a day, and I have it running on my iPad + Big Sur on my Mac.

Will be keeping an eye out for future betas and comments from developers as to when my apps will work!

Will be keeping an eye on this thread as well!

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Also... those running iPadOS 14 - just to be clear - you can still only have widgets on the left side widget bar, right? There is also no “app library” on iPadOS.

Or are both of those issues bugs and I should be able to both see an app library on my iPad Pro and I should be able to place widgets anywhere on the home screen like on iOS

Arkidelik

Dec 14, 2018
Visit site
It looks like Niantic is officially not supporting ios14 for any of its games right now.

Sadly, that means I’m going to wipe, reinstall 13.6 beta, and restore from my backup yesterday.

Keeping it on my iPad, however! And running Bug Sur on one of my Macs, leaving my main MacBook Pro alone for now

I also reverted to iOS 13 due to Pokémon not working. Leaving iPadOS 14 on my Air, but I won’t install Big Sur on my MacBook Pro until I’m sure it won’t bork Pro Tools.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
OMG....

Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap

Set your phone to respond in a ton of different ways by double or triple tapping the back of your iPhone X or later. And yes, it works with my  silicone case on. Currently have mine set to bring down the notification shade with a double tap of the back.

I just set this up, on my XS, for notifications and screenshots...I love it!!! Didn’t know I needed this, but glad it’s available

Are apps lagging for anyone?

Everything is running smooth for me.

So, question.
Do you all pay $99 per year just to be able to download Dev betas?

Yes, I pay for my account.

I noticed that my fitness widget never updates with the correct stats from my watch unless I open up the widget and then it finally refreshes. Anybody have this issue? Or is their a setting that I can’t find to have it refresh every so often?

I haven’t installed the beta on my watch or the phone it’s connected to & I have this same issue. It’s pretty annoying.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that my fitness widget never updates with the correct stats from my watch unless I open up the widget and then it finally refreshes. Anybody have this issue? Or is their a setting that I can’t find to have it refresh every so often?

I saw this too. You must open the Fitness app to update the widget

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Exact same issue. I'm positive it's a bug.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just set this up, on my XS, for notifications and screenshots...I love it!!! Didn’t know I needed this, but glad it’s available

I know, right? I set the double-tap for Control Center and the triple-tap for the App Switcher. Love it!

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with wireless charging? Two days in a row now my phone hasn’t charged overnight on the wireless dock. Battery monitor recognizes it’s on the dock and charging but it doesn’t actually charge. Charges fine on the lightning port.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with wireless charging? Two days in a row now my phone hasn’t charged overnight on the wireless dock. Battery monitor recognizes it’s on the dock and charging but it doesn’t actually charge. Charges fine on the lightning port.

None so far

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner