iOS 14 Developer Beta 1

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Apps won't be updated to officially work on IOS14 until right around September when it will launch. Apple has always been that way with their update process for apps and what they will approve.

Of course not officially. But I’ve been testing beta 1s for years and this is the first time I’ve ever had an issue with an app like Pokémon go giving me a screen saying it is “incompatible”. I’m hoping they update the app to at least be usable (even if there’s a bug or two)

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Good to know just waiting on YouTube, Twitch and Facebook to update their apps to support it.

You can pip YouTube when you use Safari instead of the app.
Make the video full screen and tap the symbol at top left !

It work on iPadOS 13 don’t know for iPadOS 14 and iOS 13...

e8cd16dd671807f82f2d2376f88369b3.jpg
347f8fa61a82c11ae23b796a517ea335.jpg

Last edited:

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
OMG....

Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap

Set your phone to respond in a ton of different ways by double or triple tapping the back of your iPhone X or later. And yes, it works with my  silicone case on. Currently have mine set to bring down the notification shade with a double tap of the back.

Pretty cool !!!

Please tell me we got that on the ipadOS 14 !?!?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Big increase in storage after installing beta - mine increased by about 40GB of other storage - reset and reinstall fixed it

Ok. I had a feeling you were replying to mine. I didn’t get all back but most. Prior to installing the beta, I had 90 available. After installing I had 6. After wipe and reinstalling my iOS 13.5 back up, I’m now back to 81 available.

theflyingbeagle

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Ok. I had a feeling you were replying to mine. I didn’t get all back but most. Prior to installing the beta, I had 90 available. After installing I had 6. After wipe and reinstalling my iOS 13.5 back up, I’m now back to 81 available.

Ok, for me it has been ok on the beta - all my apps are working including banking and work ones and my storage is now back to normal- not on my daily driver - but everything is so rock solid thinking about installing beta on main phone tomorrow and then can install watch beta as well. Use my iPad Pro a lot for work so will hold off on that for the moment.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
It looks like Niantic is officially not supporting ios14 for any of its games right now.

Sadly, that means I’m going to wipe, reinstall 13.6 beta, and restore from my backup yesterday.

Keeping it on my iPad, however! And running Bug Sur on one of my Macs, leaving my main MacBook Pro alone for now

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
So far so good for me still only small thing Ive noticed is when sending a picture in a new text message thread the photo post blank and removes the text thread completely when backed out of.