iOS 14 Developer Beta 1

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What is "ProactivePredictionsBackup" ?
Does anyone know what this is? I found it in the “Manage Storage” section of the iCloud Storage Settings.

b678f63327a1d3ea97609756ab365f1c.jpg

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
What is "ProactivePredictionsBackup" ?
Does anyone know what this is? I found it in the “Manage Storage” section of the iCloud Storage Settings.

Totally guessing here, but could it be the predictive text? Since the phone “learns” the phrases you use (even words that aren’t real words, like abbreviations, etc.) so I assume those predictions and that information/data would be stored in an iCloud backup for when you restore a new phone from backup

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Totally guessing here, but could it be the predictive text? Since the phone “learns” the phrases you use (even words that aren’t real words, like abbreviations, etc.) so I assume those predictions and that information/data would be stored in an iCloud backup for when you restore a new phone from backup

I suppose it could be, but I honestly don’t know. I did a quick web search, but I didn’t find anything. I’ll perform a thorough search tomorrow. Anyway, I appreciate you replying so quickly. Thank you!

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I turned on the notification badges for the app library which I love because I am also using one home screen with widgets then using the apps drawer. Draw back here is that you can have the same app in multiple folders therefore having multiple folders with notification badges everywhere for the same app.

Are you sure about having the same app in multiple folders?? When I move an app to the app library it automatically goes to a specific folder.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure about having the same app in multiple folders?? When I move an app to the app library it automatically goes to a specific folder.

Yes, I’ll have the same app in recently added and social media for example. Or I’ll have WhatsApp in suggested apps and well.

patton4549

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
For what it’s worth I have found these apps picture in picture is already working nativity in the app

Netflix.
Disney+.
Prime video.
Tv.
Xfinity stream.

Not working.

YouTube.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That actually makes sense to see them in their respective categories as well as recently added IF they truly were recently added.

I suppose if we had the option to rename the categories as well as rearrange the apps therein, it would be more desirable.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm this.

b7f0255aae94a3405dceec5d4860de7a.jpg

Unfortunately I don’t think it’s a glitch however seems really messy. I sent feedback suggestion a folder thst would house apps with unread notifications. That way you can check your missed messages quickly. Of course when an app moves to the unread notifications folder the badge won’t show up in any other folder.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately I don’t think it’s a glitch however seems really messy. I sent feedback suggestion a folder thst would house apps with unread notifications. That way you can check your missed messages quickly. Of course when an app moves to the unread notifications folder the badge won’t show up in any other folder.

The fix would be the ability to turn Suggestions and Recently Added off. Who needs them??

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I am slowly adapting to the app library defined organization. I hid everything so I only 1 home screen. Now I’m just waiting for iPad OS beta to have app library.

Fingers crossed we don’t have to wait too long for 3rd party app home screen widgets.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I am slowly adapting to the app library defined organization. I hid everything so I only 1 home screen.

That’s exactly what I did. I hate multiple pages and even go so far as to minimize the number of apps I have installed to help keep my numbers down. Now with the app library I set apps to not install on the home screen and my only page is, as always, the default  first page with maps etc.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
That’s exactly what I did. I hate multiple pages and even go so far as to minimize the number of apps I have installed to help keep my numbers down. Now with the app library I set apps to not install on the home screen and my only page is, as always, the default  first page with maps etc.

Control freak

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I have pinned the web app for COVID-19 to my home page. I want to remove it from there and just have it in the app library but I can’t. It won’t go there though, when I pull down for a list of apps, it’s listed.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR