iOS 14 Developer Beta 1

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Hopefully, your battery life will improve soon. My iPhone has been off the charger now for about 12-½ hours and I still have 65% battery life remaining. My phone was mostly using cellular data today while at work and the signal is somewhat weak in my office so I'm sure that played a role in diminishing my battery life a bit, but still, 65% remaining after being off the charger for almost 13 hours is darn good, in my opinion.

That is good.
Safari, though I have only used it sparingly, is using 21% of battery according to Settings.
Closed it, tried again and same thing. I’ll give it some time.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes grouping deleted apps from home screen would be nice. I am trying to adapt to the app library and only 1 home screen. It would be nice to toggle customization of app library. Toggle for Apple sorting or toggle for us to select what goes where. Apple's sorting of apps doesn't go well with my grouping of app by folder. Navigation and weather apps don't fit well in the predetermined "reference & reading" category, for me.

Definitely sending feedback on this.

I turned on the notification badges for the app library which I love because I am also using one home screen with widgets then using the apps drawer. Draw back here is that you can have the same app in multiple folders therefore having multiple folders with notification badges everywhere for the same app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn’t show up . I originally had it, I then did a factory reset and now it’s MIA

Start a new Message. The emoji Icon should display. You’ve probably discovered a glitch because when I go to a thread that’s already in progress, the emoji search isn’t present.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone with the beta use Madden Mobile? Does the app launch without issue?

I don’t play the game, but I installed it on my iPhone a moment ago and was then able to launch the app. I stopped when it asked me to create an account.

a527db3b96a7036ecd22024f05d30927.jpg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Whatcha waiting for?
This beta is ready for public already.
I’m sure Apple will break stuff in the next two betas only to gradually make it work like the first beta again.
It is what it is.

I agree. For an initial beta build, iOS 14 is very solid and definitely good enough to be a daily driver, in my opinion.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Whatcha waiting for?
This beta is ready for public already.
I’m sure Apple will break stuff in the next two betas only to gradually make it work like the first beta again.
It is what it is.

I have been really amazed at how stable this first beta is. I have been looking hard for flaws and only found 1 so far. The audio player in itunesU has the position slider and volume slider stacked and part of it is under the black notch at the top of iphone 11.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Apple must have remotely done something because my weather widget has been accurate in regard to the temperature for the past two days.

zulu1128

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Anyone using an outlook.com account set up as exchange? Mine was working fine since install, but stopped connecting to the server this morning.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I really like the widgets in 14. They still have to work out kinks (temp is 3 degrees different between app and widget) and need to add a lot more, but I like them more than on Android.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I really like the widgets in 14. They still have to work out kinks (temp is 3 degrees different between app and widget) and need to add a lot more, but I like them more than on Android.

More like live tiles on windows. Definitely appear to be much more functional and refined.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods