Who else is excited about the App Library in iOS 14?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So I’m just not watching WWDC & I’m pretty excited about the App Library. I have so many folders & can’t keep up with what I have in all of them SMH. This is long overdue...who else is excited?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I’m very much excited. I hate having a ton of pages so I limit my apps and use safari where possible. Now with the App Library...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep. But you don’t have to dive deep to get there. Always hated that from the very few times I had the misfortune of touching an Android device

Not sure what you mean by dive deep when it's literally one swipe up. I still wish apple allowed us to arrange apps from bottom to the top instead of top down, especially with phones getting larger.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It is just an app drawer by another name. Nice to see them take this from android.

I use to be an Android user, so I’m glad Apple finally has it. I also like the look a bit better, but I’m only comparing what I see to my boyfriend’s Galaxy....Can’t speak for manufacturers outside of Samsung.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I use to be an Android user, so I’m glad Apple finally has it. I also like the look a bit better, but I’m only comparing what I see to my boyfriend’s Galaxy....Can’t speak for manufacturers outside of Samsung.

I too like the look of it. It’s going to take some getting used to with having the apps essentially grouped by App Store category instead of being simply alphabetical. Shouldn’t take long though!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Not sure I will like an app library. Maybe for some of my least used apps. But I can't see how it would be better than the folders I use. I'll need to see it first.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
App Library

So far, if you’ve removed a folder with a few apps in it from your homescreen, there is no easy way to add all of those apps back to the homescreen. You have to go to App Library and long press on each app to see if it says ‘add to homescreen’.

Last edited:

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Don’t think I’m going to use the app library, don’t really see the point to it.

It is just an app drawer by another name. Nice to see them take this from android.

Other way round .

39d6f5f866993744736f6eead46a8f5f.jpg

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I too like the look of it. It’s going to take some getting used to with having the apps essentially grouped by App Store category instead of being simply alphabetical. Shouldn’t take long though!

I thought I saw the search box when in the app library would show an alphabetical listing of all of them? I know there was a way to get a listing like that.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I thought I saw the search box when in the app library would show an alphabetical listing of all of them? I know there was a way to get a listing like that.

Yeah, if you swipe down like you do on the home screen or tap inside the search box they switch to a list. But, I find that I haven’t done either. I’ve been able to find everything I’m looking for by going to the app library. It’s pretty cool and actually (to me) better than the simple app drawer of Android land.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR