06-09-2020 03:03 PM
    Done.
    Thanks for sharing
    06-09-2020 03:47 PM
    But I wonder what happend to Beta 1?
    It was iOS 13.5.5 until today.
    06-09-2020 04:55 PM
    Has there ever been a .6 before?
    I know 14b1 is around the corner but still...
    06-09-2020 07:35 PM
    You know what to do.

But I wonder what happend to Beta 1?
    Thank you, @Frehley. I’ve just finished installing it and am updating the apps that show they need updating.
    Frehley likes this.
    06-09-2020 07:48 PM
    06-09-2020 08:14 PM
    This is interesting:

[IMG=237x512]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200610/efa2a39e273aff2f79a0469cd758c509.jpg[/url]
    Once enabled you can specify to download only or download and install.
    06-09-2020 09:20 PM
    Has there ever been a .6 before?
    There hasn't even been a .5 before. Part of it probably was that iOS 13 was released as a glorified beta with the iPhone 11(s) and then 13.1 came out about a week later.

I'm glad to see Apple continue to iterate. It's also possible that more devices are coming out that will require a new iOS version (mini versions of the HomePod, the Tile tracker competitors, etc.)
    06-10-2020 09:44 AM
    As expected, the newest dev beta is performing well on my iPhone and I’ve not run into a single glitch or bug thus far. Well done, Apple.
    06-10-2020 04:33 PM
    No bugs here! Can’t really recognize a difference day-to-day use-wise from the prior beta.

Ready to get my hands on ios14 Beta (yes, even on my daily devices!)
    Just_Me_D and calebt like this.
    06-10-2020 04:36 PM
    No bugs here! Can’t really recognize a difference day-to-day use-wise from the prior beta.

Ready to get my hands on ios14 Beta (yes, even on my daily devices!)
    Me, too...
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    06-10-2020 04:41 PM
    There hasn't even been a .5 before. Part of it probably was that iOS 13 was released as a glorified beta with the iPhone 11(s) and then 13.1 came out about a week later.

I'm glad to see Apple continue to iterate. It's also possible that more devices are coming out that will require a new iOS version (mini versions of the HomePod, the Tile tracker competitors, etc.)
    Yes, got the 13b1 over a year ago. I remember the only way to install it was with a Mac.
    And I left the country and the phone (XS Max) was my daily driver. I didn't mind too much, the push email bug was annoying and was around even past official. Dark mode was the most anticipated feature. 14 probably more of a 'meh' update than anything else.

Unless, of course, they plan on changing things up like infinite scrolling of screens and perhaps pages (with infinite scrolling) in the dock!
    Oh and while we're at it, bring back persistent -dBM instead of bars at the top! Maybe when the notch is gone?
    06-10-2020 06:27 PM
    Has anyone had issues with Face ID or the front camera TrueDepth sensors while using this or a previous beta?

My FaceID got wonky last week. I deleted the stored Face images, but when I try to set up FaceID again, I continuously get messages telling me to move the phone higher or lower, and it never enters the setup mode. I thought perhaps my iPhone may have sustained some water damage — my phone was in the back pocket of my cycling jersey and got damp during a passing storm last week. But I keep my phone in a Gear4 case that is is fairly impervious to water and moisture and I’ve never had issues before. I also checked the moisture detector inside the sim card slot and didn’t see an indicator that was red (or for that matter any indicator).

Apple thinks it likely is an issue with the TrueDepth hardware. I have insurance through Verizon and an extended warranty. The phone will be replaced for free under the warranty if there is no water damage, but I’d get charged up to $500 if I send the phone in and it proves to be water damaged. Alternatively, I can have the phone replaced by the insurance if I pay a $199 deductible.

Before I make a call as how to proceed, I’d like to make sure that it’s not an issue with the iOS beta. I’d also like to avoid wiping the phone and reinstalling the general release iOS until I have to. Ordinarily. I’d go to a Verizon store and let them look at the phone make the call as to water damage. But with COVID-19, Verizon’s hours are very limited and I can’t get there during work hours as I’m supposedly “essential.”

If anyone has any suggestions or encountered similar issues, please let me know.
    06-16-2020 06:57 PM