I see what you're saying now, and I don't consider pulling down the shade and swiping over to the widget screen to be from within my app myself. I guess it depends on what widgets you use and what you use them for, since Android also allows split screen apps on phones and screen overlays, which can mitigate the need for widgets in the first place. For my usage for sure. Everyone is different.
    05-20-2020 07:28 PM
    I see what you're saying now, and I don't consider pulling down the shade and swiping over to the widget screen to be from within my app myself. I guess it depends on what widgets you use and what you use them for, since Android also allows split screen apps on phones and screen overlays, which can mitigate the need for widgets in the first place. For my usage for sure. Everyone is different.
    You don’t have to consider anything, accessing widgets form within apps is incredibly useful.

Don’t really find split screen or overlays useful on a phones, the display is way to small. it’s pretty useful on an iPad Pro with a 12.9 inch display though.
    05-22-2020 11:35 PM
    You don’t have to consider anything, accessing widgets form within apps is incredibly useful.

Don’t really find split screen or overlays useful on a phones, the display is way to small. it’s pretty useful on an iPad Pro with a 12.9 inch display though.
    Then I’ll be clearer, the notification tray is not inside the app. So sliding over from the notification tray is not accessing from within the app. It’s accessing from the notification tray.
    05-23-2020 04:18 AM
    Then I’ll be clearer, the notification tray is not inside the app. So sliding over from the notification tray is not accessing from within the app. It’s accessing from the notification tray.

Yes you do all of that from within the app, or the home screen, or the lock screen. You don’t have to exit the app like you do with android.

It’s really not a complicated concept to grasp.
    05-23-2020 06:54 AM
54 123