Multi-language typing not working

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I’m on 13.4.1 (not beta - I was on the public beta, but once the “real” release happened I went to standard).

My phone’s language is in English, I have the English keyboard first and in my language order preferences it’s English, Spanish (Spain), etc.

I used to be able to type in English and Spanish without a problem using just the English keyboard, but for a while now (I’m talking weeks or even months), if I try to type in Spanish using the English keyboard it NEVER understands that I’m typing in Spanish. I have to change to the Spanish keyboard in order to type in Spanish without spelling “error” notifications (red lines and suggestions (in English)). When I’m in any of my other keyboards (stock iOS keyboards in other languages), I can type in that language and English.

Of course, I could just put the Spanish keyboard first, but I find that ridiculous. I’m supposed to be able to type in both from the English keyboard.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any known fixes?

Thanks!

(Btw, I haven’t made any changes to the language settings at all - I’ve only added new stock keyboards (different languages))

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Settings / General / Language & Region. Is Spanish listed there? If not, if you tap "Other languages" and add Spanish, keeping English first when prompted, does that work? (I added Portuguese and it was not autocorrecting anything I typed in that language, when before it would change "abrigado" to "abridged".)

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Settings / General / Language & Region. Is Spanish listed there? If not, if you tap "Other languages" and add Spanish, keeping English first when prompted, does that work? (I added Portuguese and it was not autocorrecting anything I typed in that language, when before it would change "abrigado" to "abridged".)

Yes, it’s there.

b3b3621be0025a684753d5627e03e2e5.jpg

dc35c20ccf6a0a59b03e447af885271d.jpg

fd20e1680f063d5e720d8519cdc18cb8.jpg

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you remove Spanish and then add it back? Or edit and change the order, and then change it back? Or turn off Settings / General / Keyboard / Autocorrect and then turn it back on? (Just throwing out different things to try...)

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
What happens if you remove Spanish and then add it back? Or edit and change the order, and then change it back? Or turn off Settings / General / Keyboard / Autocorrect and then turn it back on? (Just throwing out different things to try...)

I just tried both and it’s still not working. This is so annoying. It was working fine until this year.

I’d rather not use GBoard all the time. I really prefer the stock keyboard, but I type in multiple languages all day and constantly switching between my two main languages when I know that it doesn’t have to be like that is so annoying.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox