iOS 13.4 Developer Beta 2 is out.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
4f9f1b5496b6641979b07595a1f4d517.jpg

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
So I don’t want to jinx things but emails seem to be showing up in the email list promptly. We’ll see how it holds up.

**EDIT**
FAIL! It’s still not loading some emails Into the list until I open the app and it eventually does a refresh within the app.

Why isn’t the email being loaded to the app’s list at the same time the notification is received? It’s like it has to do a SECOND refresh to get the email into the list.

Last edited:

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
So I don’t want to jinx things but emails seem to be showing up in the email list promptly. We’ll see how it holds up.

**EDIT**
FAIL! It’s still not loading some emails Into the list until I open the app and it eventually does a refresh within the app.

Why isn’t the email being loaded to the app’s list at the same time the notification is received? It’s like it has to do a SECOND refresh to get the email into the list.

I haven't had any issues on my iPhone 11 pro since 13.1

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I saw the update yesterday, I believe, and then updated my iPhone while I was in the office between meetings. Like the previous dev beta, I’ve not had any issues as of yet.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

**EDIT**

I know that you've long complained about email issues on iOS 13, but I don't think that the issues are necessarily endemic to iOS 13 since about 13.1.1. I was seeing some weird things happen as you describe, but that was after once seeing the "No Sender" "No Subject" issue on 13.0.x. But a couple of weeks ago I had an issue where I had to rebuild my phone from scratch, and since then I have had absolute no issues with mail and mail delivery at all.

My suspicion is that there were database issues internally with the mail data store that are causing this issue.

I don't think that you necessarily need to build from scratch, based on this post I saw that suggests that there may be another fix: https://talk.tidbits.com/t/ios13s-email-problem-continues/11109

Quoting the relevant bits:
I was now out of possible solutions that I wanted to attempt on my own, so I resorted to contacting Apple. ... Last night, without me having to pay Apple a penny, I received great support. Shawn came on the chat after I waited a couple of minutes, and, after confirming everything I did, and talking to a senior advisor, told me the only path was to restore the iPhone using the backup on my computer. I didn’t want to do that much work, but that being the only option, that’s where we went.

Thankfully, after restarting the computer, iTunes recognized my iPhone, so I could proceed to restore and reload the backup. It took several hours, but now Mail works, as does everything else I’ve tried so far.

I always hate the idea of nuke and restore, just because of the time that it takes, but it maybe worth a try in your case. (Just make sure that you don't let iTunes install 13.3.1 over your beta version or you won't be able to restore.)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I always hate the idea of nuke and restore, just because of the time that it takes, but it maybe worth a try in your case. (Just make sure that you don't let iTunes install 13.3.1 over your beta version or you won't be able to restore.)

It can indeed be an inconvenience, but the pros of setting up as new outweighs the cons, in my opinion, and I’m convinced I have been spared of the numerous issues others have complained about over the years because of me setting up my iPhone as new.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Nuking the phone won’t fix this issue. It has persisted between two different phones. I had an XS Max and had the issue and when I got the 11 Pro Max it was a completely new set up from scratch, not a backup and it still had the issue.

It is a well documented issue if you look around.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Nuking the phone won’t fix this issue. It has persisted between two different phones. I had an XS Max and had the issue and when I got the 11 Pro Max it was a completely new set up from scratch, not a backup and it still had the issue.

It is a well documented issue if you look around.

You've rebuilt from new since iOS 13.1, when Apple issued a patch to fix a problem with fetching of mail in the background? As I said, I had issues with mail that have disappeared since rebuilding from scratch a few weeks ago.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Yes. I got my iPhone 11 just before Christmas. It came preloaded with, if I remember right 13.2 at the time and was updated to 13.3 right after activation.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro