Who uses iCloud Mail?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've never established an email account on iCloud. Instead, I use Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail. I have often wondered if I should set up an iCloud email account. It would be for personal use only. Before I decide, I'd appreciate any feedback about iCloud mail.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've never established an email account on iCloud. Instead, I use Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail. I have often wondered if I should set up an iCloud email account. It would be for personal use only. Before I decide, I'd appreciate any feedback about iCloud mail.

I use it for everything Apple related and for important stuff, official stuff, like government, city and whatnot.
Hotmail is for semi-official and other less important stuff.
Gmail is for spam.
And Yahoo is when I suspect a website is malicious or untrustworthy in any way.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I have an iCloud email account that I use sparingly, but it works really well. I use the calendar associated with my iCloud account far more than I do the email.

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I have several iCloud email addresses that I use for different things in addition to hotmail, gmail, outlook and Comcast.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Gmail since the beginning of Google and Android. When I jumped ship to iPhone I created an iCloud email address and now have my Gmail forwarding to it. Been working great for years.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
After years of using gmail I recently deactivated it and began using my iCloud email account exclusively. Maybe as I get older I’m becoming paranoid but, having used Gmail for so long I’ve started having privacy concerns. Anyway, iCloud email is working fine and, the amount of spam I receive has been reduced to practically zero.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have been using iCloud email since day one, for personal use. I never had big downsides. I like the way the inbox rules work, even though fairly limited, since they allow me to move messages from the different mailing lists I'm on.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Gmail since the beginning of Google and Android. When I jumped ship to iPhone I created an iCloud email address and now have my Gmail forwarding to it. Been working great for years.

How did you forward your gmail to it? You have me curious about trying that. I've just been using GMail for the last couple years after I shut down one personal website and moved another to a new host and got rid of all the emails associated with those domains. I'm getting very little spam to my GMail right now, but am kind of interested in trying out an iCloud mail as well. I'm using Spark for reading email though so I guess I could always just keep using that and add the iCloud mail account to it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

What benefit do you get from forwarding Gmail to iCloud, other than the push notifications?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
How did you forward your gmail to it? You have me curious about trying that. I've just been using GMail for the last couple years after I shut down one personal website and moved another to a new host and got rid of all the emails associated with those domains. I'm getting very little spam to my GMail right now, but am kind of interested in trying out an iCloud mail as well. I'm using Spark for reading email though so I guess I could always just keep using that and add the iCloud mail account to it.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Thanks! I've done stuff like that in the past for Yahoo when I had one of those but not GMail. I've had a GMail account since like 2008 or so but only really used it as a login for Android until that point a couple years ago when I shut down those website based emails and needed something to use. Since I'm using Spark for email reading though I'll probably just create an iCloud address and add it to Spark instead if I decided to create one :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I use my iCloud address as an urgent to my main hotmail for very important email contacts as there no real scam mail coming thru on it

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I use my iCloud address as an urgent to my main hotmail for very important email contacts as there no real scam mail coming thru on it

I’ve had a couple iCloud/me.com accounts since the beginning, and use them exactly like this...urgent/important emails, no spam coming through

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have been using an iCloud email address for most serious stuff since it started. Yahoo for doubtful or spam likely sites

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I use it as a 'recovery email' when one is asked for and it's of course accessed through the iOS mail app which I never have liked. I have used Outlook and the Gmail app over the years for my Gmail but am a fan of Spark - which like any 3rd party email client requires ( or 'Apple requires') 2 step authentication to use iCloud mail. I've never 'two-stepped' on my Apple Account and don't plan to anytime soon so iCloud / Apple Mail are backup/ recovery only.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox