Notification snoozing?

Stang68

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all...I’ve left Android after 10 years to jump to iOS.

I know notifications are much less granular than on Android, I'll come to terms with that eventually... but my one main hangup is how the calendar works.

On Android I used an app that allowed me to snooze calendar notifications for 5 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour, a day, etc...whatever you want. I have not been able to find something that works the same way for iOS. Anyone have any luck with a Calendar app with powerful snooze settings?

I’ve found the app called Due does exactly but does not integrate with Calendar at all.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
This is a pain point for me too. It's easy to schedule notifications at certain times on Android. I am constantly interrupted by my iPhone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The iOS Calendar only offers a 9 minute snooze, just as the alarm in the clock app. Set Calendar to show in lockscreen. Then when the notification appears, swipe it left and tap on "view". Then tap on snooze. You can repeat this for another 9 minutes.
You can also use the "Repeat" option and customize repeat alerts.

Stang68

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
The closest thing I have found is Timepage on the App Store. It allows you to do four different snoozes five 10 15 minutes in one hour. I’m hoping for something a little more customizable.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
On our Android, we schedule notifications at four specific times.

Why doesn't Apple offer something similar?!

The "Repeat" option allows for a variety of notification options. Every day, every 2 days, selected multiple days of a month, etc. But they all will occur the time of the original selected time. I don't see a way to change the time for each future alert. What kind of event would require you to have several repeat alerts at different times?

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
Not repeat alerts.

On Android, we use the Daywise(R) app to receive notifications only at times we set. Apple does not have anything like this.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
Had not, but at least for me, it doesn't solve the problem. I am looking for an overall notification manager, one that only interrupts the user on a schedule they set.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site

Stang68

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks.

How does one allow calls from the local area that notify of natural disasters, local violence, etc. that depend on one's location?

What you’re talking about is different from my original question. I’m just looking for an app that allows me to snooze calendar events.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
What you’re talking about is different from my original question. I’m just looking for an app that allows me to snooze calendar events.

I never need anything like this, but I believe that you can do something ike this with Siri: "Hey Siri, remind me of this in xx minutes". I'm not sure that it will work with a Calendar entry, but it may.