Huge Amazon device sale! Shop all the discounts now

Hello,

I have always just used PocketCast, so when I tried to cast from the default podcast app, I was shocked that it wasn't even an option to share to my Google home.

Is there a reason they are avoiding that particular function?

Thanks!
    12-08-2019 03:30 PM
    Hello,

I have always just used PocketCast, so when I tried to cast from the default podcast app, I was shocked that it wasn't even an option to share to my Google home.

Thanks!
    Do you mean “AirPlay”? The device you are AirPlay streaming to needs to be an AirPlay compatible device.
    12-08-2019 03:33 PM
    Hi,

I'm specifically talking about the casting option. If I am in pocketcast and I hit cast, all of my Google home speakers and other speakers in my house show up I can tap on them, and the audio instantly goes to that speaker. If I open up the default podcast app on the same iPhone, my only option is to airplay and I don't have any AirPlay devices.
    12-08-2019 03:35 PM
    If you want to use the default Podcasts app, your options are pretty much Airplay or Bluetooth.

I have no experience with Google devices, so I can’t say if they work with Bluetooth.
    12-08-2019 04:03 PM
    Hi,

I'm specifically talking about the casting option. If I am in pocketcast and I hit cast, all of my Google home speakers and other speakers in my house show up I can tap on them, and the audio instantly goes to that speaker. If I open up the default podcast app on the same iPhone, my only option is to airplay and I don't have any AirPlay devices.
    Apple doesn’t natively support Google Chrome cast with any of it’s native iOS apps. You will need to use a 3rd party podcast app that supports Google Chrome cast.

I sometimes use Plex to share stuff to my friend’s Google Chrome cast dongle hooked upon to his TV. Plex supports all kinds of media including podcasts.
    Last edited by scruffypig; 12-08-2019 at 07:45 PM.
    12-08-2019 07:26 PM
    It’s not very likely that iOS will ever natively support Google’s proprietary protocols. The only way I see it happening is if there is an antitrust court ruling in the future that forces Apple to allow this, or allow voice assistants like Alexa or Google Assistant.
    12-08-2019 10:02 PM