Morning info greeting

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
You need to put your device in Do Not Disturb mode which is a different setting from Bedside Mode. The easiest way to do it I think...is put Do Not Disturb and the Alarm App in CONTROL CENTER.

Go in the Alarm App and set your parameters for Bedside Mode and your Alarm Time and save. Then turn on Do Not Disturb in CONTROL CENTER.

You should wake up to your alarm and see the screen displayed appropriately.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You need to put your device in Do Not Disturb mode which is a different setting from Bedside Mode. The easiest way to do it I think...is put Do Not Disturb and the Alarm App in CONTROL CENTER.

Go in the Alarm App and set your parameters for Bedside Mode and your Alarm Time and save. Then turn on Do Not Disturb in CONTROL CENTER.

You should wake up to your alarm and see the screen displayed appropriately.

I don't have the Do Not Disturb option for Control Center. Only Do Not Disturb while driving. I have all that you mentioned set up, but no weather on the lock screen this morning.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
I don't have the Do Not Disturb option for Control Center. Only Do Not Disturb while driving. I have all that you mentioned set up, but no weather on the lock screen this morning.

Do Not Disturb should be available in Control Center and the icon is a Half Moon. If not there go to Control Center in Setting and Customize and you can add it from there.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Do Not Disturb is the half moon icon in Control Centre. You can’t add it, it’s there by default.

c9515e5ae95e3ffe7bd369e59ecd171b.plist

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Why are you also putting your phone in DND mode when that’s an option in Bedtime?

3c6b597573d715bbce1549e9156f8d4d.jpg

My bad. I was just giving the instructions per the Apple Support page. As the thread got bigger people referred to DND in different ways so gave additional options from along the way that’s all. But yes, as you pointed out you are correct that DND has an option in Bedside Mode.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My bad. I was just giving the instructions per the Apple Support page. As the thread got bigger people referred to DND in different ways so gave additional options from along the way that’s all. But yes, as you pointed out you are correct that DND has an option in Bedside Mode.

Ok, just wondering. I have to say that so far I’m loving Bedside mode.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok... you guys have me intrigued. I just set mine up. I am interested to see what happens tomorrow morning! :D

Hasn't worked any for me. Not sure what the trick is for it to work. Apple needs to make it easier to enable. A toggle switch somewhere. Either in the Clock app, or the Weather app.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I don't see it every Morning, not sure why.

Just so I'm clear,

You're all using the BedTime feature through the Clock app? You have a BedTime schedule enabled, the feature is on, DND during "BedTime" is toggled on as well, yet when your alarm goes off in the morning (after you stop it) you don't get the "Good Morning" message?

You're not Snoozing your alarms are you? You're stopping them when it's time to wake up? I get this message every single morning without fail so I'm curious as to why others don't.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
My situation is....I use DND on my phone 9:30pm-6:15am and I “do not” set an alarm on my phone or use bedtime. I use my Apple Watch as an alarm set for 5:30am. I get the morning greeting pretty consistently but not everyday

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just so I'm clear,

You're all using the BedTime feature through the Clock app? You have a BedTime schedule enabled, the feature is on, DND during "BedTime" is toggled on as well, yet when your alarm goes off in the morning (after you stop it) you don't get the "Good Morning" message?

You're not Snoozing your alarms are you? You're stopping them when it's time to wake up? I get this message every single morning without fail so I'm curious as to why others don't.

Yes, I'm using the Bedtime feature in the clock app and I have a scheduled time. I still don't get it every morning as a matter of fact I've only seen it once on the Morning of Friday the 13th since I set it up. Not sure why.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My situation is....I use DND on my phone 9:30pm-6:15am and I “do not” set an alarm on my phone or use bedtime. I use my Apple Watch as an alarm set for 5:30am. I get the morning greeting pretty consistently but not everyday

Same here. I do not want an alarm in the morning - I wake up when I wake up. (I may try setting with a silent sound just to see what happens, though.)

I do have scheduled DND and, as I said, maybe once every two weeks I get the good morning message. It's very rare when I see it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro