Music won’t play in the Music app

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I don’t mean to be difficult but I don’t have seek library under settings> Music. I must have different settings than everyone else. lol. because the Apple Support lady said I have different settings then she did. IMG_0015.JPGIMG_0016.JPG

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I don’t mean to be difficult but I don’t have seek library under settings> Music. I must have different settings than everyone else. lol. because the Apple Support lady said I have different settings then she did. View attachment 127699View attachment 127700

Go to Downloaded Songs (as seen in the last screen you shared) and delete all the songs.
Then sync them back through iTunes.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
just to keep you guys updated as I haven’t forgot. i’ve been talking to Apple Support off & on. I have been sharing screenshots, screen recordings. They’ve been able to share my iPhone screen to make it a little bit easier. just now I got off the phone with them and she had me go through enhanced analytics logs to send the engineers. I wish I had the videos to share with you guys

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
just to keep you guys updated as I haven’t forgot. i’ve been talking to Apple Support off & on. I have been sharing screenshots, screen recordings. They’ve been able to share my iPhone screen to make it a little bit easier. just now I got off the phone with them and she had me go through enhanced analytics logs to send the engineers. I wish I had the videos to share with you guys

Thanks for the update, Chris! I was wondering how things were going for you!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Thx for checking in...I’ve been wondering if that tip I gave you worked. I’m guessing it hasn’t being you’re still dealing with Apple support. I’m sorry to hear it hasn’t been an easy fix for you.
Hopefully Apple will have something corrected for you soon !

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just recently got Music. Before, I had no issues playing my purchased music. Does tapping on the shuffle or continuous icons not do anything?
f715692d01f08cf713b99588e9d63b38.jpg

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I just recently got Music. Before, I had no issues playing my purchased music. Does tapping on the shuffle or continuous icons not do anything?
f715692d01f08cf713b99588e9d63b38.jpg

I don’t know why I didn’t think of this.
shuffle works fine. must be a bug do you think that’s the only thing that works like its supposed to

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don’t know why I didn’t think of this.
shuffle works fine. must be a bug do you think that’s the only thing that works like its supposed to

Not sure I understand your question. It all works for me. Are you saying shuffle works, but continuous (plays in order one after another) does not?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Not sure I understand your question. It all works for me. Are you saying shuffle works, but continuous (plays in order one after another) does not?

when you hit shuffle that works fine. if shuffle works fine why do you think the tapping of the music doesn’t always work

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
when you hit shuffle that works fine. if shuffle works fine why do you think the tapping of the music doesn’t always work

What do you mean by "the tapping of the music"? Do you mean when you tap on a song, it doesn't play? Or do you mean tapping on continuous doesn't work?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
yes, shuffle works with no glitches though

OK. It's hard for anyone here to know, since we can't see what you do, how you have it set up, and etc. But if Apple has looked at it, and see an issue, maybe they'll find a solution. Odd no one else seems to have that problem.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
here is the latest update. she emailed me this, this morning. “At this time there is no other steps we can do, because they are still working on a permeant solution.

All they have told me so far is to keep the phone up to date, because the fix should be in one of the updates.”.

I sent her this email before. “It’s funny because for a few minutes after the last update it worked a lot better. I guess after it had time to sit or whatever it reverted back”

does it sound to you like they know what the problem is but it’s down on the list of things to get updated?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like they understand the problem but that it needs to be rigorously tested before it will be included in a future iOS update.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If they're working on a fix for an upcoming update, that tells me it's more than just you with the issue. There must be others with the same problem, even though no one else here has mentioned it.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Believe it or not my music app doesn’t work like it did used to since 13.1 or something like that. I just saw where 13.4.5 beta 2 is coming out. I don’t do beta but I wonder if it will be fixed soon

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro