iPadOS 13 or later will not display install option

BritBandit

Nov 10, 2019
Visit site
I have attempted time and time again since IOS 12.4.1 to update, now attempting to update to iPadOS 13.1.2. When I go onto the software update page in settings, where there should be an option to install the update, it continues to say “update requested...” I have been patient with no positive outcome. Unfortunately I do not have access to a computer and would appreciate if anything is possible for the latest update to be added to my iPad Air 2 device.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That’s definitely frustrating. I had no issue with my iPad Air 2. But I do know it’s been a problem for others. I hate to sound like I’m passing it off but I really think you should contact Apple Support about this issue.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have attempted time and time again since IOS 12.4.1 to update, now attempting to update to iPadOS 13.1.2. When I go onto the software update page in settings, where there should be an option to install the update, it continues to say “update requested...” I have been patient with no positive outcome. Unfortunately I do not have access to a computer and would appreciate if anything is possible for the latest update to be added to my iPad Air 2 device.

Is the device connected to the internet? Are there any known issues with your account or Apple ID? Is there enough storage space on the device in order for the download to occur and then install?

BritBandit

Nov 10, 2019
Visit site
Is the device connected to the internet? Are there any known issues with your account or Apple ID? Is there enough storage space on the device in order for the download to occur and then install?

Yes I am connected to the internet, no I have no issues with my account and yes there is plenty of space. There are no error messages, just a mention that the update has been requested.

Last edited:

BritBandit

Nov 10, 2019
Visit site
Have you tried to hard restart it
Then try downloading it
Yep, tried that many times aswell. Nothing seems to be working along those lines, every time I enter the software update in the general settings it shows up with “Update Requested...” where “Install Update” should be

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep, tried that many times aswell. Nothing seems to be working along those lines, every time I enter the software update in the general settings it shows up with “Update Requested...” where “Install Update” should be

How to Fix Most iOS 13 Update Download Problems

Open the “Settings” app
Go to “General” and then to “iPhone Storage” (or iPad Storage)
Locate “iOS 13” in the list and tap on that
Tap on “Delete Update” and confirm that you want to remove the update from the device
Delete the iOS 13 update

Restart the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch by turning the device off and back on again (or hard reboot)
Return to “Settings” > General > Software Update and click “Download & Install” when iOS 13 shows up again

Source: http://osxdaily.com/2019/09/20/troubleshooting-ios-13-update-problems/

BritBandit

Nov 10, 2019
Visit site
How to Fix Most iOS 13 Update Download Problems

Open the “Settings” app
Go to “General” and then to “iPhone Storage” (or iPad Storage)
Locate “iOS 13” in the list and tap on that
Tap on “Delete Update” and confirm that you want to remove the update from the device
Delete the iOS 13 update

Restart the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch by turning the device off and back on again (or hard reboot)
Return to “Settings” > General > Software Update and click “Download & Install” when iOS 13 shows up again

Source: Troubleshooting iOS 13 Update Problems: Stuck on Update Requested, Verifying, etc

I have researched this and iOS 13 is not in my list so I am unable to uninstall my current update

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless there's a problem with Apple's servers or your internet provider, your best bet may be to erase all contents and settings and then set up your device again. You can try resetting the network settings, but I doubt that'll fix the problem, although anything's possible.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I do not have access to a computer and would appreciate if anything is possible for the latest update to be added to my iPad Air 2 device.

Is there a chance that you can visit an Apple Store nearby? They should allow you to use one of their computers to try to an update.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Unless you have a friend that will let you use their computer to do an update via iTunes (or the Finder on macOS Catalina), then I agree with @Just_Me_D. You can try a reset network settings but, if that doesn't help, make sure that you have a good iCloud backup, make sure that you have any photos and music backed up, and try to update the iPad after a reset and restore from iCloud.

Note that reset network settings will wipe out all of your stored WiFi access points and Bluetooth accessories, but that should be a minor pain in the neck compared with do a full reset and restore.

BritBandit

Nov 10, 2019
Visit site
Wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone for your support, I have also contacted apple support and I decided to full reset after making a backup through iCloud. The problem has been solved and now the update is available to me. Well done guys, thanks again.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone for your support, I have also contacted apple support and I decided to full reset after making a backup through iCloud. The problem has been solved and now the update is available to me. Well done guys, thanks again.

I am so glad! Thanks for letting us know!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR