Ever since updating to 13.2 both my wife's 11 Pro and my Pro Max have been having major problems connecting to CarPlay in our 2018 Nissan Murano. I have no idea if this is a 13.2 bug or we need to get some sort of CarPlay update from Nissan? When you plug in the phone it just constantly fails to start CarPlay on the device and tells you to check Apple's site for compatibility. Then randomly it will manage to finally connect up after anywhere from 5-15+ attempts. We've tried multiple cables to rule that out and still no go so it seems to be a software issue but I'm not sure on which end?
    11-05-2019 01:37 PM
    Both my wife and I have the 11 Pro Max on 13.2 and neither are having issues. She has a 2019 CRV EXL with factory CarPlay and I’ve have a 2013 CRV EXL with Alpine aftermarket CarPlay unit.
    11-05-2019 06:20 PM
    Hmmm, maybe we need to try a third cable just in case then. Hoping someone else with a recent model Nissan or Infiniti can chime in though.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    11-05-2019 07:06 PM
    Whatever the cause they definitely changed something. I noticed this morning finally that a long standing bug I've had in my Jeep from the betas where it took multiple attempts to skip a music track is now gone on 13.2. Now that CarPlay issue is here though. My Jeep does not have CarPlay just a basic "iPod input" that lets you select playlists and stuff. So I'm definitely not leaning towards this being a cable issue
    11-06-2019 11:46 AM
    My bet it's a Nissan thing ... Car play on iOS 13 is working better than ever in my KIA. Where I did have a couple of glitches on the previous release.
    11-07-2019 08:32 AM
    I have 2018 Nissan Rogue. No issue with car play
    11-12-2019 05:26 PM
    Thanks. I'm gonna have to try a 3rd cable then. It's doing it on both phones and it's random. Sometimes it will connect instantly. Other times it tries and fails repeatedly for like 10+ minutes before I give up or it finally connects. Makes no sense.
    11-12-2019 05:57 PM
    I have a similar issue. IN many of the mapping programs ... Waze, Google Maps, etc, program controls show up on CARPLAY but no map display. Sometimes you get a map display but it is ZOOMED IN and everything is huge. If I reboot the phone and/or restart the radio, sometimes it will work. I updated to 13.3 beta (latest) thinking it would resolve the issue, but it did not.
    12-03-2019 11:51 AM
    My wife took it in for service and there is apparently a recall of some sort for something with the radio stuff. They didn't have the stuff to fix it (don't remember if it's parts or just software) but the tech implied that might fix the problem. Guess we'll see. I'm still thinking some sort of iOS bug with Nissan and the new 11's or something though because I ran the 13.0 and 13.1 betas on my iPhone X with no issues. Of course we also ran our phones with no issues for 3 weeks in Ireland at the end of September and beginning of October in some VW offshoot brand over there called Skoda and it didn't have any carplay issues at all so maybe it really is a Nissan specific issue.
    12-03-2019 12:39 PM
    My wife took it in for service and there is apparently a recall of some sort for something with the radio stuff. They didn't have the stuff to fix it (don't remember if it's parts or just software) but the tech implied that might fix the problem. Guess we'll see. I'm still thinking some sort of iOS bug with Nissan and the new 11's or something though because I ran the 13.0 and 13.1 betas on my iPhone X with no issues. Of course we also ran our phones with no issues for 3 weeks in Ireland at the end of September and beginning of October in some VW offshoot brand over there called Skoda and it didn't have any carplay issues at all so maybe it really is a Nissan specific issue.

Did you git this fixed? I just purchased an iPhone 11 and have a 2018 Murano and am having troubles as well.
    12-27-2019 06:13 PM
    Did you git this fixed? I just purchased an iPhone 11 and have a 2018 Murano and am having troubles as well.
    Not yet still happening
    12-27-2019 08:47 PM
    Not yet still happening
    FYI I had to do a factory reset on my phone for another reason and my car play now works. Might be worth a try.
    12-30-2019 06:21 AM
    FYI I had to do a factory reset on my phone for another reason and my car play now works. Might be worth a try.
    Hello and welcome to iMore! I'm sure that you will find the help you're looking for. When you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!
    12-30-2019 08:43 AM
    I'm curious to know if you got this fixed. I've been having problems again and Nissan even replaced my radio with no luck. Now they are basically saying "sorry can't fix it"
    02-24-2020 10:30 AM
    Nope still happening, and the recall fix thing ended up just being for the backup camera. My wife found something online about turning off bluetooth for a minute while connecting to carplay and then re-enabling it seemed to fix it for some people (you have to do it each time though apparently). I haven't gotten around to trying that one yet.
    02-24-2020 01:34 PM
    Nope still happening, and the recall fix thing ended up just being for the backup camera. My wife found something online about turning off bluetooth for a minute while connecting to carplay and then re-enabling it seemed to fix it for some people (you have to do it each time though apparently). I haven't gotten around to trying that one yet.
    Just an update, tried the bluetooth toggle thing. Thought it worked once but was just coincidence. I guess here's to hoping 13.4 or 14.x fixes it or I might be getting a 2020 iPhone. Wasn't really planning to unless it was super awesome and this time we did the 24 month zero interest payments with Apple instead of the Upgrade Program so it would be a bit more complicated to upgrade. This is definitely something with iPhone 11 series though as my X on 13.x betas (.0 and .1) never had ANY issues. We upgraded to 11's a week before a 3 week overseas trip though and I guess didn't have time to notice the issue until October+ when we got back.
    03-04-2020 03:53 PM
    Potentially some good news finally. Seems like it might be fixed in 13.4.1. I did a couple errands yesterday and Carplay connected up instantly the couple times I started the vehicle.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-14-2020 01:05 PM
    Potentially some good news finally. Seems like it might be fixed in 13.4.1. I did a couple errands yesterday and Carplay connected up instantly the couple times I started the vehicle.
    Thank you for the update and we’re glad the issue appears to be resolved for you.
    04-14-2020 02:37 PM
    Thank you for the update and we’re glad the issue appears to be resolved for you.
    Well, we'll see how it goes.
    04-14-2020 09:43 PM
    Just double confirming after multiple trips in the vehicle it's now fixed. Only took them 6 months. So anyone else that was having carplay issues, hopefully 13.4.1 fixes them for you.
    Just_Me_D, doogald and kimmaree like this.
    04-29-2020 01:05 PM
    Just double confirming after multiple trips in the vehicle it's now fixed. Only took them 6 months. So anyone else that was having carplay issues, hopefully 13.4.1 fixes them for you.
    Thanks for updating! I’m so glad it’s resolved!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-29-2020 02:32 PM
    Thanks - I updated my software an mine is now working as well.
    Annie_M and flyinion like this.
    05-04-2020 07:49 AM