13.2 out now

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
13.2 is worse. The more I use it the worse I feel it is. It’s not laggy but it feels sluggish. Battery life is fine but apps are constantly reloading which is a big no no for me. This is the 1st time I’ve ever experienced a issue with iOS other that the calls dropping on iOS 13 release.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
13.2 is worse. The more I use it the worse I feel it is. It’s not laggy but it feels sluggish. Battery life is fine but apps are constantly reloading which is a big no no for me. This is the 1st time I’ve ever experienced a issue with iOS other that the calls dropping on iOS 13 release.

I highly recommend you reinstall and set up as new.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I highly recommend you reinstall and set up as new.

I might as well just get a new phone. That is like a days job to get all that back up and functioning.

I used to do it ever major update but I just don’t have the time anymore. I may do it later but idk.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I might as well just get a new phone. That is like a days job to get all that back up and functioning.

I used to do it ever major update but I just don’t have the time anymore. I may do it later but idk.

I know it’s an inconvenience, but what you’ve described that is happening on your iPhone with the latest iOS version is not the norm.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Yes exactly. Multitasking on this what already nearly impossible and not it’s definitely impossible. Makes the phone completely useless for me while working. The keyboard feels slightly sluggish too. I feel like there is an extremely slight delays in what I type and what comes up on the screen. Reddit crashes and it’s useless for commenting back but I think that might just be that app. YouTube is the worst for unloading out of memory. It refreshes no matter what.

The battery life is fine and the phone doesn’t get hot either.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Yes exactly. Multitasking on this what already nearly impossible and not it’s definitely impossible. Makes the phone completely useless for me while working. The keyboard feels slightly sluggish too. I feel like there is an extremely slight delays in what I type and what comes up on the screen. Reddit crashes and it’s useless for commenting back but I think that might just be that app. YouTube is the worst for unloading out of memory. It refreshes no matter what.

The battery life is fine and the phone doesn’t get hot either.

I have noticed the multitasking issue also. Waiting to see if they bring an update that fixes it. Otherwise ok. If not, as previously mentioned, we might have to do a clean install.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed the multitasking issue also. Waiting to see if they bring an update that fixes it. Otherwise ok. If not, as previously mentioned, we might have to do a clean install.

That’s what I waiting on. What sucks is that a simple increase in RAM would have fixed this issue permanently on newer devices.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, many people are reporting issues with apps closing in the background, sometimes seconds after you switch back from another app. I am not sure that rebuilding a phone from scratch will fix this - it sounds like either a bug in multitasking or a deliberate design decision. Hopefully, Apple will fix this soon.

Thankfully, I am not seeing that problem on my phone. (I don't have 13.2 on my iPad mini 4 yet.)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, many people are reporting issues with apps closing in the background, sometimes seconds after you switch back from another app. I am not sure that rebuilding a phone from scratch will fix this - it sounds like either a bug in multitasking or a deliberate design decision. Hopefully, Apple will fix this soon.

Thankfully, I am not seeing that problem on my phone. (I don't have 13.2 on my iPad mini 4 yet.)

If it is a bug, it's not widespread. I've yet to experience any app closures, lags, etcetera on my iPhone 11 Pro Max to this point.

spiff_p239

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Another annoying bug is that when I receive a new text message notification and click on it, I am no longer taken to that specific conversation. If I’m in the messages app, it does nothing. If I’m in another app, it merely switches to the last screen I had open in the messages app. This is with an iPhone 8.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR