I wouldn’t go nuclear and reset your whole phone. That’s the last resort IMO.

What I would do in your situation:
    1) Turn off location settings. Reboot. Turn them back on. Test. If that doesn’t work:
    2) Turn off location settings. Delete the app. Reboot. Download the app, set things back up. Test. No dice?
    3) Have them stop sharing then request to share again. Test. Still not happening?
    4) Reset network settings. Test.
    5) Forget Network then add it back in.

If none of that works I’d take it to Apple. Make a back up before you go just in case.
    I'd add

6) Settings / General / Reset / Reset all settings

To get all settings back to factory without nuking the phone, rebuilding it from scratch, etc. You'd be changing bunch of settings, re-enabling notifications and location for everything, etc., but worth a try.
    10-12-2019 04:09 PM
    Does Find my app depend whether the person is online/offline?
    10-15-2019 03:31 AM
    Does Find my app depend whether the person is online/offline?
    Yes, they have to be online.
    Annie_M likes this.
    10-15-2019 12:58 PM
    Find My is useless unless you have more than one device.

If I go in through iCloud on the web to find a "lost device" because I only have one device, it asks for a verification code which it then displays on the screen of the lost device!!!

So unless the thief is really helpful and tells me the verification code, I can't find the lost device.
    10-24-2019 12:40 AM

If I go in through iCloud on the web to find a "lost device" because I only have one device, it asks for a verification code which it then displays on the screen of the lost device!!!

So unless the thief is really helpful and tells me the verification code, I can't find the lost device.
    When you visit iCloud.com on the web, you’ll see the option to find a lost device under the input field for your credentials.
    See if that works for you, as I’m sure Apple isn’t as stupid as you make them to be.
    Annie_M likes this.
    10-24-2019 09:30 AM

If you don't have another device, you could use a family member's device. You would need to log in with your credentials. I have done this to find my husband's iPad, our cousin's iPhone, and a couple of others. So it's not really useless at all.
    Tartarus likes this.
    10-24-2019 01:28 PM
    When you visit iCloud.com on the web, you’ll see the option to find a lost device under the input field for your credentials.
    See if that works for you, as I’m sure Apple isn’t as stupid as you make them to be.
    This is correct - it happens on the input field for the 6 digit verification code, to be 100% precise. There is a link at the bottom to go right to the Find My page (though the link still says "Find my iPhone".)
    Annie_M, scruffypig and Tartarus like this.
    10-24-2019 03:49 PM
    After the newest beta update and after signing out and back in. Fmf seems to be working properly
    10-27-2019 05:38 AM
    Wouldn’t know how it works if it slapped me right in the face. Never used it. Have friends who use it and they seem to find it exceptionally useful. Curious mind asking here: Is it an app for family like safety to know where kids are, etc. How exactly does it work? Is it a proximity tool where you’d know if you and a friend where coincidentally near by? Not asking like I’d want to be able to pull up and see where all my friends are, but more like: hey, my fiancé and I are at the mall shopping and randomly we’d know we had friends near by coincidentally.
    10-27-2019 06:53 AM
    I'd say 'all of the above' but probably 'awareness' for family members, kids in particular.
    10-27-2019 07:34 AM
35 12