iOS 13.1(&.1) CarPlay no longer switches between night and day modes

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I used the iOS 13.0 public beta from the first release and CarPlay would auto-switch between day and night modes automatically without issue in my 17 Mustang. After installing 13.1 and 13.1.1 it no longer switches. Just stays in night mode all the time. The automatic setting is toggled on in settings - can’t figure out why it stopped working. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have my iPhone in dark mode, but CarPlay (Alpine ILX-W650) to auto change in CarPlay settings. Will go out later this evening to see if mine changes.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you running iOS in dark mode?

Yes. I tried turning it off but it doesn't seem to make a difference for CarPlay. Also in iOS 13.0 CarPlay used to switch between light and dark modes automatically even with dark mode being on on the phone.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Yep, I can confirm my CarPlay will not auto change from light to dark. It starts in light mode with set to automatically change. I keep mine in dark anyway but it would be nice to have this feature work.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I can confirm my CarPlay will not auto change from light to dark. It starts in light mode with set to automatically change. I keep mine in dark anyway but it would be nice to have this feature work.

Thanks for testing and reporting back. Glad to know it's not just me - hopefully Apple fixes it in an upcoming update.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a '19 Subaru Outback Touring and my iPhone 11 Pro Max is set to dark mode and my CarPlay changes from night to day mode as it should going from early morning drive to lighter out. Not sure if that is the same as the OP or not. But it should recognize the time of day and Dark Mode should be universal as it supposed to be.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice