Has anyone found anything at all that is useful in iOS 13.1 ?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found anything at all that is useful in iOS 13:1 ? I’ve spent all afternoon playing with this and the iPod version, and I have not. Even the dark mode does nothing as far as I can see, it does not appear to be much different from the earlier ugly workaround.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS fail ?

Has anyone found anything at all that is useful in iOS 13:1 ? I’ve spent all afternoon playing with this and the iPod version, and I have not. Even the dark mode does nothing as far as I can see, it does not appear to be much different from the earlier ugly workaround.

Wait, what? Does nothing?? Please elaborate on that lol.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Please explain yourself, not useful. How is dark mode no different from what ugly workaround?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I'm actually enjoying iOS 13. I tried Dark Mode at first and then switched to "light until sunset". That works so much better for me. There are many other features that I am enjoying, and I imagine some that I haven't even discovered yet.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Being able to download items directly from safari is useful enough for me.

It’s an operating system update. No big deal.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
iOS fail ?

Wait, what? Does nothing?? Please elaborate on that lol.

To start; I said does nothing useful, not does nothing.As I have a black background anyway, dark mode makes no difference to the appearance of the home pages,does make Apple maps hideous.
it is a matter of supreme indifference to me what colour my contacts list is, messages look a lot better in light mode Safari does not change,etc. My fingers are to big to use slide mode to type,(and I notice it does not work on here).
The old workaround(colour inversion).
An interesting sidenote is that the dropdown text message notification is now a very nasty shade of, shall we say weak orangeade ?
As I said, nothing useful so far...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

What is considered useful is subjective. You know that and therefore, if you haven’t found anything useful then so be it. I find the built-in QuickPath swipe method, Dark mode, always on desktop mode, and the new camera Modesto be quite useful, but that’s Just_Me_D.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

To start; I said does nothing useful, not does nothing.As I have a black background anyway, dark mode makes no difference to the appearance of the home pages,does make Apple maps hideous.
it is a matter of supreme indifference to me what colour my contacts list is, messages look a lot better in light mode Safari does not change,etc. My fingers are to big to use slide mode to type,(and I notice it does not work on here).
The old workaround(colour inversion).
An interesting sidenote is that the dropdown text message notification is now a very nasty shade of, shall we say weak orangeade ?
As I said, nothing useful so far...

Yeah, opinions. They differ per person.
I’m not a fan of Dark Mode either, but frankly, can’t really reflect to your negativism about it.

bellifritz

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

e141a1ee7f745740e1a972e067b74d57.jpg

These new Memoji things that keep reappearing no matter how many times I hit the recents tab are the only thing about 13.1 that I find annoying.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

It’s all about personal taste. What’s useful to one person might not be for another person.

I find Dark Mode useful. I think Quick Path probably could be once I get better using it.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

Choices and opinions. Actually I liked iOS 13, always remembering that's an Apple system update, so to expect a completely new revamp is completely out of question. But, as I found myself a little bit tired of the UI, just changed my iPhone X by a Note 10+. As somebody said: thanks God we have choice. Not so much as I would like, but some choices.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

What is considered useful is subjective. You know that and therefore, if you haven’t found anything useful then so be it. I find the built-in QuickPath swipe method, Dark mode, always on desktop mode, and the new camera Modesto be quite useful, but that’s Just_Me_D.

Why does desktop mode not work on iMore? It never does. I hate mobile view. It leaves too much out. I got the blog site to desktop, but when I try to get anything else, it switches back to mobile view. I have to assume iMore simply doesn't allow it. And I wonder why not?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Why does desktop mode not work on iMore? It never does. I hate mobile view. It leaves too much out. I got the blog site to desktop, but when I try to get anything else, it switches back to mobile view. I have to assume iMore simply doesn't allow it. And I wonder why not?

Create a new thread in the right forum and ask the admins. I’m sure they’ll come up with a satisfactory answer.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I love the ability to share ETA from maps with people. I've already used it multiple times, and I can see my kids using that to communicate with me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iOS fail ?

A3A1D174-6C0F-4A37-B1BE-B83A696298F3.png65D2F2AA-2CBE-4E00-AD32-ED201014AA01.png9F614B73-EDF1-4AE9-8205-997C4A0D7C22.png
It works for me. Turn the device to landscape mode.

Last edited:

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site

I haven't even bothered to install iOS 13.1 yet. Or iPadOS either. Maybe in a couple months when the bugs are worked out.

Or maybe not. Nothing in iPadOS interests me, so I may just stay on 12.4.1. for a while. Everything works fine as it is.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh