Finally 13.1 arrived. Big disappointment, as the following bugs are still there:

when having searched for a name in contacts, the same contact always returns when re-starting the app.
    camera: does not return to "photos", although this option is on. Always restores the previously selected mode.
    lower third of profile image in settings still cut off
    wifi reception still worse than under 12

I wonder, wtf are they testing?
    09-24-2019 12:51 PM
    Finally 13.1 arrived. Big disappointment, as the following bugs are still there:

when having searched for a name in contacts, the same contact always returns when re-starting the app.
    camera: does not return to "photos", although this option is on. Always restores the previously selected mode.
    lower third of profile image in settings still cut off
    wifi reception still worse than under 12

I wonder, wtf are they testing?
    I'm wondering if they pushed out the beta 4 version which still has some minor issues (for me at least) to quickly fix that lockscreen security issue that's been in the news for 13.0 since 13.1 was originally supposed to come out on the 30th. I bet there is a 13.1.1 update very soon to fix a few more things but they needed to prioritize getting that security hole fixed ASAP.
    09-24-2019 12:57 PM
    I'm wondering if they pushed out the beta 4 version which still has some minor issues (for me at least) to quickly fix that lockscreen security issue that's been in the news for 13.0 since 13.1 was originally supposed to come out on the 30th. I bet there is a 13.1.1 update very soon to fix a few more things but they needed to prioritize getting that security hole fixed ASAP.
    They did push out the beta 4 version.
    09-24-2019 12:59 PM
    No email notifications for me. I'm getting email via the Mail app on the iPhone, but no Watch notifications or iPhone notification, if I don't have the watch on.

Exact same issues I was having with 13.1 beta 4 before I got the new 11 Pro Max.
    mbar9607 likes this.
    09-24-2019 01:09 PM
    My biggest issue is I will randomly have a soft reset and lose all cell service until I reset my network settings
    09-24-2019 01:13 PM
    13.1.1 has arrived, and the bugs described above are still there.
    Also, in mail, sometimes a random email opens when opening the app, although the app was closed before while showing the entire mail list (was also on in 13.1., also not resolved in 13.1.1)
    09-28-2019 06:53 AM
    On this one:
    "camera: does not return to "photos", although this option is on. Always restores the previously selected mode."

It seems as if it takes a while for it to return to photos/pictures.
    When re-opening the app after a shorter period of time, the previous mode gets restored.
    When waiting a little longer (~a few minutes), it's back in photo mode.

I think it should switch back to standard mode instantly. And I believe it was that way in older versions.
    09-28-2019 11:10 AM
    You call this a bug - but maybe it's a changed intended behavior?
    love4speechless likes this.
    09-29-2019 11:09 AM
    I have 13.1.1
    Had to remove beta to get the update
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-29-2019 11:52 AM
    You call this a bug - but maybe it's a changed intended behavior?
    To clarify:
    the contact returns, even if the app was previously closed when in list view:
    conatct A displayed
    contact A closed
    looking a the list of all contacts
    closing the contacts app
    reopening contacts app later
    it opens with contact A displayed

I cannot think of this being intentional. It makes no sense.
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    09-30-2019 05:32 AM
    To clarify:
    the contact returns, even if the app was previously closed when in list view:
    conatct A displayed
    contact A closed
    looking a the list of all contacts
    closing the contacts app
    reopening contacts app later
    it opens with contact A displayed

I cannot think of this being intentional. It makes no sense.
    I recreated this issue and yes this is a bug.
    The camera issue is a bug as well.
    Although theses are minor bugs in my opinion and has absoulty no effect on the performance of my Pro Max they should be reported to Apple and fixed.
    09-30-2019 07:23 AM
    Although theses are minor bugs in my opinion and has absoulty no effect on the performance of my Pro Max they should be reported to Apple and fixed.
    I sent them feedback on these bugs, in 13.0 times already.
    dmoskaluk and Spencerdl like this.
    09-30-2019 09:38 AM

P.S. the contacts bug is not a big deal imho.
    But the camera bug is nasty. Quite often, I began to make a video, when I wanted to shoot a picture. You have to remember to check for the proper mode first, which is quite inconvenient, and at least in my case, I tend to always forget.
    09-30-2019 09:41 AM
    13.1.2:
    camera bug still there.
    contacts bug seems to be gone.
    09-30-2019 01:47 PM
    13.1.2:
    camera bug still there.
    As fast as Apple is releasing updates...LOL, I'm sure it will get fixed and I'm sure this isn't the last one.
    Annie_M likes this.
    09-30-2019 01:53 PM
    13.1.2:
    camera bug still there.
    Erratum: contacts bug still there.
    (the contact hast to be selected directly from the contacts list to reappear. If via search function, it doesn't come back).
    09-30-2019 02:44 PM
    13.1.3:
    contacts & camera bug still there.

10-16-2019 05:40 AM
    13.1.3:

Maybe it's a redesign, and not a bug. When I use my contacts within the phone app this doesn't happen, only when I go into the Contacts app itself. In any case this is nothing for me to be upset or disconcerting about to be honest.
    10-16-2019 07:38 AM
    13.1.3:
    I know that you keep looking for a fix, but I'm really hoping that apps will stop closing when I tap a notification (this happens to me with the app Day One). I'd rather a bug fix like that get priority. The bugs you're reporting aren't damaging data, closing the apps, etc.
    10-16-2019 10:35 AM
    I’m just reporting on these issues that I ran into.
    Never claimed them to be the most dangerous or data destroying ones.
    I just think they are annoying (in particular the camera issue - and cant see the point of a ‘redesign’), and find it to be irritating they didn’t get fixed after 4 new releases.
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    10-17-2019 04:50 AM
    13.2:
    contacts bug seems gone.
    camera bug: 'partially' gone. Have to wait ~30 seconds before re-opening the camera-app for it to be back at photo mode. If re-opened faster, the previously selected mode will still be on. This MIGHT be intentional. Don't know if I like that. I think it should ALWAYS and immediately revert back to photo mode, when the option is on. I like to know how things stand on my phone, always.
    10-29-2019 04:50 AM