iOS 13 is available

KrisYYC

Sep 23, 2017
Visit site
A part of me wants to try iOS 13 right now, but another part of me wants to wait as I'm picking up an iPhone 11 pro tomorrow and maybe it'll feel more like a new phone if I haven't experienced iOS 13 yet :rotfl:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I generally don't like OTA updates.

OTA updates may be fine for small .1 updates but an update this huge? Nope. I'd much rather do a full iTunes update where I know that every file has been written to the device exactly as Apple intends it to be.

^^^^This 100%^^^^.....

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I just checked, and it showed up for me. I'm going to wait until tomorrow. I've got too much going on today and am hoping tomorrow will be better. Plus, if there are a lot of issues reported, I'll know to wait even longer.

Those are my same thoughts Annie. Edit: I threw caution to the wind. I did the update, and it went smooth. 15 minutes total time.

Last edited:

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I generally don't like OTA updates.

OTA updates may be fine for small .1 updates but an update this huge? Nope. I'd much rather do a full iTunes update where I know that every file has been written to the device exactly as Apple intends it to be.

Edit
Just checked again, no update.

Not all of us own laptops, so we rely on OTA. Hopefully no issues with the new update.

Last edited:

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Can someone check there FaceTime

I can’t see myself in the shadows in the Box but it’s fine in the light.

With or without Dark Mode

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
So what exactly happens when an update “bricks” your phone? Is it something that can be reversed or fixed? Or is it something that Apple has to fix? I don’t know whether I want to chance doing the update or not, since I’ll be getting my new phone next week. And I have to trade in my current phone so I don’t want it messed up – LOL

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Its so nice this update. The little things make it all that much better too. I’m loving the new keyboard and that I can not use force touch on my XR. I’m going to be playing with this all day today I’m sure. Won’t be getting much work done today I’m afraid.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
So what exactly happens when an update “bricks” your phone? Is it something that can be reversed or fixed? Or is it something that Apple has to fix? I don’t know whether I want to chance doing the update or not, since I’ll be getting my new phone next week. And I have to trade in my current phone so I don’t want it messed up – LOL

In those situations, you will need to do what is call a DFU mode restore, erasing what was on the device. This is why you want to do a backup first.

I've never heard of a situation where the iPhone becomes completely unusable after an update.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
dont they normaly update itunes software with big update like this? but you now have to update itunes though windows store now on windows so might have to wait a bit for them to upadte itunes are put it on itunes update server

I did my update on my XR, over the air. Later I plugged in my iPhone into my aging MacBook Pro and iTunes prompted to download an update. Then iTunes recognized my iPhone XR and then showed my iPhone was up to date with iOS 13.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice