iOS 13 or 13.1

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
That depends on which version is on the Pro.
When you get the device, go to Settings > General > About on both devices and check the Software version
14adf5aa230a47eae9e0c3148082d6e0.jpg
The Pro should be at least the same build or higher.
(If it only says 13.1 in there, tap on it and you will see the build number)

Ok thanks. That is what I thought, just wanted to check though.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm planning to get an Apple Watch Series 5 sometime next week (if there are any stainless steel or titanium models in my local store), so I'll likely install 13 shortly after it's out. If it wasn't for that, though, my inclination would be to wait for 13.1 to come out at the end of the month.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Definitely installing. Actually I'm already on the beta of 13.1 so when my Pro Max shows I'll have to immediately drop 13.1 beta 3 on it so I can restore to it. I'm NOT setting up as new lol. That's just too much work. I had enough of that with doing ROM's on Android where it was recommended not to restore settings whenever you flashed a new version of whatever ROM you were running. Only reason I'd set up my iPhone as new for permanent use would be if I knew a problem was being caused by corrupt backup or settings and a clean setup was going to be the only way to fix it. Once official 13.1 comes out supposedly in just under two weeks I plan to jump off the betas until 14.x.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Can anyone who's got the GM of 13.0 installed tell me if the stock mail app is still buggy like it was in beta? I know it's gotten a lot more stable in 13.1 but not sure they ever cleaned it up in 13.0

I recently started using the stock mail app again since it has the best watch complication, that actually works with cellular, vs 3rd party email apps. I don't want install 13.0 if the mail app is a mess.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone who's got the GM of 13.0 installed tell me if the stock mail app is still buggy like it was in beta? I know it's gotten a lot more stable in 13.1 but not sure they ever cleaned it up in 13.0

I recently started using the stock mail app again since it has the best watch complication, that actually works with cellular, vs 3rd party email apps. I don't want install 13.0 if the mail app is a mess.

Going from 13.1 to 13 GM will break the native mail app, there are a couple of workarounds though they are a pain. I would stick with 13.1 if you use the native mail app.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Going from 13.1 to 13 GM will break the native mail app, there are a couple of workarounds though they are a pain. I would stick with 13.1 if you use the native mail app.

Im actually still running 12.4.1 on my phone(i have 13.1 loaded on my iPad though), so I don't have to worry about downgrading when it is released.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Looking forward to the iOS 13 official release tomorrow (9/19/19) for the ‘silence unknown callers’ feature. Those darn robocallers seem to hit me up from around noon to the early evening hours for a few times each weekday...
Tomorrow the update to 13, then the toggle flipped to ‘on’ to flip them off!!
;-)

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I’ll probably go ahead and update a few days later but what do you guys think? I’m Reading that people are saying 13.1 is more stable than 13

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Welp, I no sooner updated to IOS 13 and was just starting to check things out, when I got a robocall that reminded me that I hadn’t turned on ‘silence unknown callers’ yet in settings... Needless to say that after declining the call I went straight to settings to do so!
I might have been willing to wait until 13.1 drops next week if not for my immediate need for that feature. Hopefully this will be a step in the right direction...
Love the new swipe keyboard btw!!

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Welp, I no sooner updated to IOS 13 and was just starting to check things out, when I got a robocall that reminded me that I hadn’t turned on ‘silence unknown callers’ yet in settings... Needless to say that after declining the call I went straight to settings to do so!
I might have been willing to wait until 13.1 drops next week if not for my immediate need for that feature. Hopefully this will be a step in the right direction...
Love the new swipe keyboard btw!!

Its a good update, looking forward to see what 13.1 will add.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I was just going to wait till Tuesday for 13.1, but I am picking up my new Apple watch 5 today, which requires ios 13, so I reluctantly did the update to 13.0.

It seems to be ok. I've seen a few bugs that correct themselves after closing the app(big one was messages not being able to type a reply as the text bar was missing the the keyboard wouldn't come up).

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Just download it and updated my XS, I will put it through the paces the next couple of days. I did enable the dark mode and it’s not for me, maybe if I turn it one and use it for a couple of days, I might change my mind. Time will tell.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative