iOS 13.1 Dev Beta 1 is out

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems to be a lot of people having issues with this beta. I’m on the public but I know it’s the same. I think I’m going to hold off till the next one.

The things I mentioned above do not even come close to ruining the overall stability of the new dev beta on “my” iPhone. It’s fast and smooth thus far. In fact, since it’s iOS 13.1, I’m going to try to take some time tomorrow to wipe and set up as new like I always do with a new big release.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The things I mentioned above do not even come close to ruining the overall stability of the new dev beta on “my” iPhone. It’s fast and smooth thus far. In fact, since it’s iOS 13.1, I’m going to try to take some time tomorrow to wipe and set up as new like I always do with a new big release.

Isn’t that crazy time consuming?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It can be, but I’ve been doing it so long to where it doesn’t appear like a long process at all. I’ll be heading over to the Tampa area in about an hour to have breakfast with my oldest son and my grandson. I’ll probably begin the reset process shortly after I get back.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

It would be for me. Just logging back in to everything would take me a lot of time. I have Launcher widgets with custom icons that would take a lot of time to set back up. The last time I set up as new, it took me 3 days to get everything back like it was. So, I won't do it, unless the OS is really messed up. It may not be all that time consuming for others.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm not as fortunate as you on my Xs Max. I'm not saying my iPhone is unusable, but it's not as stable, fast or smooth as Beta 8 was. Can I wait a week for the next update YES, however this far into a Beta I feel as though my iPhone went backwards in performance instead of forward.
This close to a official release I think I will wait before wiping and setting up as new...unless the next Beta is worse than this one.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not as fortunate as you on my Xs Max. I'm not saying my iPhone is unusable, but it's not as stable, fast or smooth as Beta 8 was. Can I wait a week for the next update YES, however this far into a Beta I feel as though my iPhone went backwards in performance instead of forward.
This close to a official release I think I will wait before wiping and setting up as new...unless the next Beta is worse than this one.

I understand what you’re saying. The latest iOS 13 dev beta, in my opinion, is quite ready to be released to the public in a couple of weeks.

As for iO3 13.1, it will be quite some time before it is officially released so I wouldn’t consider it taking a step backwards, but the beginning of another new beta build.

As for me resetting as new, if the dev beta of iOS 13.1 hadn’t been released then I would have waited for the GM of iOS 13, but I’m simply going to bypass it. Know what I mean?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I understand what you’re saying. The latest iOS 13 dev beta, in my opinion, is quite ready to be released to the public in a couple of weeks.

As for iO3 13.1, it will be quite some time before it is officially released so I wouldn’t consider it taking a step backwards, but the beginning of another new beta build.

As for me resetting as new, if the dev beta of iOS 13.1 hadn’t been released then I would have waited for the GM of iOS 13, but I’m simply going to bypass it. Know what I mean?

I think so. iOS13 was ready, so now Apple is beta testing the next iteration of iOS with 13.1? Humm, that could actually be what's going on...LOL

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

13.1 is a new beta build and is not close to release. 13.0 is. Being 13.1, anybody who loads it should expect a step backwards since it’s a beta 1. Big reason I deleted the beta profile and chose not to load it. I had bad experience with 13.0 beta. I’ll just wait for the Gm 13.0 build on 9/10 after the event.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I think so. iOS13 was ready, so now Apple is beta testing the next iteration of iOS with 13.1?
@Garz, Yes JustMeD and myself was discussing this earlier in the thread. It sounds about right and when I downloaded iOS13.1 it actually caught me off guard as I thought it was Beta 9...I didn't even look at the 13.1 to be honest...(MAD FACE!!!).

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I wiped my device and installed the full ipsw file for iOS 13 Dev Beta 1 and then set it up as new. My iPhone X is loving it and so do I...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think I’ve only set up a device as new once. How long did it take you to complete your setup?

Typically, it would take me a little over an hour, but this time, I didn’t set it up immediately after installing the ipsw file. I went and grabbed some dinner from the Olive Garden, came back, watched a movie and then I began reinstalling my apps and setting up, my mail accounts, etcetera. Rearranging the home screen takes the longest for me.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have to ask, did the "share sheet", ability to adjust wallpapers/photos return, did "peek-n-pop"/Haptic Feedback return and is your email working properly?

1. The Share sheet’s most recent bug is still present.
2 The ability to adjust the wallpaper is still missing.
3. The native Mail app is working properly for me to this point.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh