iOS 13.1 Dev Beta 1 is out

Doug B

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
It’s running smooth for me. Battery life seems to be a little better for me from beta 8. Mail works as it should once again (finally). But I’m also having the same bugs with sharing and adjusting the wallpaper.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I had another respiring earlier. Both times were with multiple presses. For example hitting on Messages but then also swiping to widgets. Both times the swiping to widgets is what set it off.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having issues with Google Hangouts crashing? Was ok on 13 but no go on 13.1.

The only thing Google I use is their website to search stuff, sometimes the Translate app and sometimes their Authenticator app.

Hopefully a restart, and if not that, the next beta will resolve your issue. Hang in there buddy, (pun intended)

Jumpman89

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Went to revert back to 12.4.1 and then to 13 beta 8 last night via iTunes recovery/restore and was unable to do so. Kept getting the error code 9. Looks like there is no way to revert back to earlier builds with this beta.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded last night and no issues so far.

I envy you and those that are having no issues. I'm still amazed how people with the same device have totally different experiences with the same Beta build. I really miss the recents (share sheet) area and the ability to set my wallpaper/photos the way I want to on my screen, not to mention the smoothness of iOS13 Dev Beta 8 in comparison and other little things.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I envy you and those that are having no issues. I'm still amazed how people with the same device have totally different experiences with the same Beta build. I really miss the recents (share sheet) area and the ability to set my wallpaper/photos the way I want to on my screen, not to mention the smoothness of iOS13 Dev Beta 8 in comparison and other little things.

I see the share sheet and wallpaper issues on mine, though not important to me. But mine runs just as smooth as the previous beta. No difference, that I can tell.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I’m running it on my 6s. No issues so far. Mail app is fixed!

Native mail app? I'm either getting emails out of chronological order or get email notifications on my watch bit unlock the phone and no unread number on the icon.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I see the share sheet and wallpaper issues on mine, though not important to me. But mine runs just as smooth as the previous beta. No difference, that I can tell.

Yes, I can understand when the devices are different. I don't expect my Xs Max to preform like your 6s Plus with the same build. Funny when someone says it's not important to me, because that's not the point. I don't use the backseat in my BMW and it's not important to me either, but I don't want an empty hole there because I don't use it....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Same here. The new dev beta is running very smoothly so far.