iOS 13 Public Beta 7 released.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Is safari messing up for anyone during these betas? Like the webpage is white and if you scroll there will be text but it immediately disappears?

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
057fe2dac45a4dc155ef0d29b015ff7c.jpg

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Ugh I'm going back to the Google keyboard. Been using the Apple one finally since it got swiping in the beta. Man I've never had so many autocorrect or other weird spelling/word changes since I started using a smart phone.

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
OK can someone please explain what happens now with this beta 13.1.?

What happens when ios13 official is released if I now update to Beta 13.1.? Does that mean that then I will have to downgrade to iOS 13?

This is my first beta and I am confused...

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

What happens when ios13 official is released if I now update to Beta 13.1.? Does that mean that then I will have to downgrade to iOS 13?

Same, makes me wonder if they're going straight to 13.1 for release with the new phones/etc. Read a article that this is like the first time this has happened and when the dev beta came out yesterday they were trying to figure out if it was a naming error.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I’m skipping the 13.1 Beta 1, summer I will be upgrading my iPhone on release day, which is likely to require the release version to do so.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You don't do anything. Whatever beta you're on will be what everyone else gets. You'll still have the beta profile, and when there's another beta update, you'll have it to download.

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
You don't do anything. Whatever beta you're on will be what everyone else gets. You'll still have the beta profile, and when there's another beta update, you'll have it to download.

But what happens if I upgrade on 13.1. Beta and after that delete my Beta profile? Can I switch to ios13 official public release without downgrading? What happens with ios 13 GM? Is that update coming or not?

Last edited:

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is that you are getting moved over to iOS 13.1, so iOS 13.0 will be a downgrade for the system.

About iOS 13.0 GM, rumours have it that it is still on its way; it wouldn't make sense to release 13.1 if 13.0 hasn't been released. Apple may have frozen it for release (aka no major changes prior to release). Only they know.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My understanding is that you are getting moved over to iOS 13.1, so iOS 13.0 will be a downgrade for the system.

About iOS 13.0 GM, rumours have it that it is still on its way; it wouldn't make sense to release 13.1 if 13.0 hasn't been released. Apple may have frozen it for release (aka no major changes prior to release). Only they know.

Why would it not make sense to release 13.1 as the GM release? It fixed the issues in Mail. It wouldn't make sense to me to release 13.0 as the GM, when 13.1 is available with the Mail issues resolved. Time will tell, I suppose.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Simplifying it:
If I go to 13.1. Beta will I be able to go on 13.0. Official release?

I'm not sure there will be a 13.0 (nomenclature) release, but it doesn't matter what the beta number is you will still be able to get the Official release when available.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Simplifying it:
If I go to 13.1. Beta will I be able to go on 13.0. Official release?

No you will not be able to get 13.0 if it is released. You would have to wait for 13.1.

My guess is they freeze 13.0, that is what they will ship on new phones, but by the time they are in people's hands 13.1 will be available and released to fix the remaining issues with 13.0. I have nothing to base this on, it's just a hypothesis.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Why would it not make sense to release 13.1 as the GM release? It fixed the issues in Mail. It wouldn't make sense to me to release 13.0 as the GM, when 13.1 is available with the Mail issues resolved. Time will tell, I suppose.

They could rebadge the whatever version of 13 to be 13.0 and release it like that. It’s just a number.

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
I spoke with Apple Support. They would not discuss specific number and dot releases, etc when it comes to the GM release. After speaking to a supervisor the final response was I had two options:

Continue with Beta program and download new betas as they come out or...

The date of the official iOS release, delete my beta profile from the device and try to check for a software update...

I asked multiple times at if I’m on 13.1 beta and they release 13.0 what happens. She kept saying regardless if the GM is 13.0 my device when restarted will reflect 13.0 even if the beta was 13.1 but if the GM is actually 13.1 I’ll remain on 13.1, but if it’s higher than 13.1 I’ll be given an update. It was slightly confusing but thoughts are it simply will not matter, stay on beta and enjoy early potentially buggy updates or go off beta and run the GM released version and the “number” will take care of itself. You can’t get “virtually stuck on 13.1 in beta and unable to get to 13.0 GM release”. Hopefully that makes some sense.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I spoke with Apple Support. They would not discuss specific number and dot releases, etc when it comes to the GM release. After speaking to a supervisor the final response was I had two options:

The date of the official iOS release, delete my beta profile from the device and try to check for a software update...

I asked multiple times at if I’m on 13.1 beta and they release 13.0 what happens. She kept saying regardless if the GM is 13.0 my device when restarted will reflect 13.0 even if the beta was 13.1 but if the GM is actually 13.1 I’ll remain on 13.1, but if it’s higher than 13.1 I’ll be given an update. It was slightly confusing but thoughts are it simply will not matter, stay on beta and enjoy early potentially buggy updates or go off beta and run the GM released version and the “number” will take care of itself. You can’t get “virtually stuck on 13.1 in beta and unable to get to 13.0 GM release”. Hopefully that makes some sense.

Updates going forward should not be buggy.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Seems a little confusing. I’ll keep 13.1 on my 6s and I’ll keep running 12.4 on my XR. Just waiting for the GM build for the XR.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro