iOS 13 Developer Beta 6 is now available

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Still has random issues with blank email pages, not marking read messages read, and some forms in web pages showing blank pages. Time is running out on getting these bugs fixed! Official release in ~5 weeks now!

Still a lot of issues to fix. I agree. The stability this year to the same point in comparison last year is well behind. This beta still has a lot of work in my honest opinion.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have "Hey Siri" turned off. Since Thursday, to my surprise, I have triggered "Hey Siri" a couple of times. When I go into settings it's toggled back on. Today I had to toggle it off again.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I have "Hey Siri" turned off. Since Thursday, to my surprise, I have triggered "Hey Siri" a couple of times. When I go into settings it's toggled back on. Today I had to toggle it off again.

Same here. And I never keep hey Siri on because it tended to activate often without even saying hey siri. That was also before iOS 13 too so I always kept it off.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you double-check your other folders, specifically the Archive folder to see if you’ve archived any messages that weren’t detected as being read? That happened to me so that’s why I’m asking.

I did, nothing in archive. Not a huge deal since emails are coming in normally, just weird that the badges are messed up.

stargazerfr

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having major LTE issues. Data speed has slowed to a crawl since the moment my iPhone booted up with beta 6. All was well immediately preceding installation; afterwards it’s so slow I can barely load a website in under ten minutes. Checked with my carrier, it’s not them. They confirmed nothing is being throttled. Hard Rebooted phone several times. On Wi-Fi, everything works fine.

I’m not saying I know for certain it’s a beta 6 problem, but wanted to post here to see if anyone else is experiencing it. Again, minutes before updating I wasn’t having this issue but was immediately after.

We’re talking like 100Kbps.

I’m running an iPhone X

Cheers

So a quick update here. My cellular data issues ARE indeed due to beta 6. I sent a bug report to Apple about it and included my enhanced beta feedback analytics as well as cellular logs and actually got a response. They confirmed that they could see the issue I was describing within my cellular logs and speculated that it’s related to my carrier settings and beta 6 on iPhone X (my model is A1901/NQAN2LL/A 256GB). They are working with my carrier (Bell Canada) to update carrier settings as well as are investigating the root cause to provide a fix in the next beta. They requested some more information from me to send as well.

First time I’ve ever gotten a response from a developer beta bug report.

Cheers

Last edited:

stargazerfr

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Okay is it me or does this beta feel rigged lol. For the first time in 3 days my email just retrieved so far i have 64 emails lol.

My push and Exchange accounts are working as designed and push email immediately, but my fetch accounts are not retrieving as per my fetch schedule and I need to manually refresh it to retrieve mail from those accounts.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
My push and Exchange accounts are working as designed and push email immediately, but my fetch accounts are not retrieving as per my fetch schedule and I need to manually refresh it to retrieve mail from those accounts.

Your right. Hmm... i just turned all my accounts to “Manual” instead of Fetch or Push and things seem to be working now. I will do that until next Beta or GM drops.

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Still has random issues with blank email pages, not marking read messages read, and some forms in web pages showing blank pages. Time is running out on getting these bugs fixed! Official release in ~5 weeks now!

Same here, which I am bunching into what I'm calling general email issues.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I’m not getting any automatic updates in the App Store app. It’s been three days now, and with a couple hundred apps on the phone I’m sure there have been updates. I’ve closed and reopened the App Store app, hard rebooted a few times, and am on good WiFi.

I wonder if there will be another beta for 13, and if that will trigger the app updates?

Or maybe there just aren’t any.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m not getting any automatic updates in the App Store app. It’s been three days now, and with a couple hundred apps on the phone I’m sure there have been updates. I’ve closed and reopened the App Store app, hard rebooted a few times, and am on good WiFi.

I wonder if there will be another beta for 13, and if that will trigger the app updates?

Or maybe there just aren’t any.

I don’t have the patience to wait for automatic updates. I refresh daily. That’s kinda my routine.
But I believe there have been a few apps updated without my involvement, so maybe it does work. Can’t say for sure though.

You should try it some time. It’s kinda exhilarating to pull down the update screen and see there are a # updates.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok I did it manually and there were 46 app updates. Thanks!

Whether the process might be called “exhilarating” is a matter of taste, I suppose.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok I did it manually and there were 46 app updates. Thanks!

Whether the process might be called “exhilarating” is a matter of taste, I suppose.

I always pull down to refresh. Even if several updates show. I love to watch it go from 7 updates to 16.

huff825

May 22, 2016
Visit site
I would expect a few more beta releases with mail bugs still present, maybe even a new one today. Usually they go to a one week release towards the end.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Saw the below “optimized battery charging” notification for the first time tonight (this morning). Is the notification new? Or does it simply pop up while charging at night and your battery hits 80%?

91d9e0cd8401d4b6eb40e070fb4abeb6.jpg

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It's only at night, and will have disappeared by 6:30, in your case.
I saw it a couple of times on my 6s, with a different time.

It's to extend the phone's battery life, and it is based on your usage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit