iOS 13 Developer Beta 6 is now available

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I’m running PB 5 on my backup 6s. Really smooth so far. Minor email bug where read emails show as unread.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I don’t know if its just me or what but my email is not consistent since downloading dev beta 6. It appears the mail app won’t retrieve new email periodically. Hmmm...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know if its just me or what but my email is not consistent since downloading dev beta 6. It appears the mail app won’t retrieve new email periodically. Hmmm...

Try rebooting your iPhone. I get email all day everyday and the Mail app is working as it should on my end.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Been that way since beta one. I listened to Marco Arment on the ATP podcast briefly discuss the new API kit changes that Apple has implemented into the mail app which is the root cause. Probably won’t be back to normal for everyone until the GM drops next month.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site

I use exchange on mine and haven't had a single issue with email delivery since the beta cycle started.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had issues with gifs not working properly? It's like they behave like live photos. They work on the camera roll and iMessage, but when I upload them to apps like Pocket Files, Box, or Twitter, they don't work. They're unresponsive.

chefjayhawk

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else not getting the Messages read to them when wearing AirPods or PowerBeats Pro? The toggle has even disappeared in control center. :-( Hope it comes back or is a bug. Loved it on walks.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Mail notifications are being wacky, but the mail app itself is working fine and all of my emails are loading properly.

For some reason the badge is stuck saying I have 2 unread emails (and when I do get new emails and read/delete them, it shows the correct number, but after reading/deleting the badge gets stuck at 2).

Also, within the app the unread folder shows I have one email unread, but I don’t actually have any unread mail.

11e35aa9ce477ca149d05bea6fe32b23.jpg
ea18df1136f6cee341566ff073e8295b.jpg

stargazerfr

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having major LTE issues. Data speed has slowed to a crawl since the moment my iPhone booted up with beta 6. All was well immediately preceding installation; afterwards it’s so slow I can barely load a website in under ten minutes. Checked with my carrier, it’s not them. They confirmed nothing is being throttled. Hard Rebooted phone several times. On Wi-Fi, everything works fine.

I’m not saying I know for certain it’s a beta 6 problem, but wanted to post here to see if anyone else is experiencing it. Again, minutes before updating I wasn’t having this issue but was immediately after.

We’re talking like 100Kbps.

I’m running an iPhone X

Cheers

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Having major LTE issues. Data speed has slowed to a crawl since the moment my iPhone booted up with beta 6. All was well immediately preceding installation; afterwards it’s so slow I can barely load a website in under ten minutes. Checked with my carrier, it’s not them. They confirmed nothing is being throttled. Hard Rebooted phone several times. On Wi-Fi, everything works fine.

I’m not saying I know for certain it’s a beta 6 problem, but wanted to post here to see if anyone else is experiencing it. Again, minutes before updating I wasn’t having this issue but was immediately after.

We’re talking like 100Kbps.

I’m running an iPhone X

Cheers

Not a single issue noteworthy on my end. Been smooth and most complete beta yet. Running on iPhone XS 256GB

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Mail notifications are being wacky, but the mail app itself is working fine and all of my emails are loading properly.

For some reason the badge is stuck saying I have 2 unread emails (and when I do get new emails and read/delete them, it shows the correct number, but after reading/deleting the badge gets stuck at 2).

Also, within the app the unread folder shows I have one email unread, but I don’t actually have any unread mail.

11e35aa9ce477ca149d05bea6fe32b23.jpg
ea18df1136f6cee341566ff073e8295b.jpg

Did you double-check your other folders, specifically the Archive folder to see if you’ve archived any messages that weren’t detected as being read? That happened to me so that’s why I’m asking.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Still has random issues with blank email pages, not marking read messages read, and some forms in web pages showing blank pages. Time is running out on getting these bugs fixed! Official release in ~5 weeks now!

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Still has random issues with blank email pages, not marking read messages read, and some forms in web pages showing blank pages. Time is running out on getting these bugs fixed! Official release in ~5 weeks now!

There is a known issue with mail. It has something to do with API kit changes they made to the mail app. My mail has completely stopped. Im having to check via the browser until its fixed. Dev Beta 5 worked for me but Dev Beta 6 Mail is a mess on an iPhone 7 Plus.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro