Beta question

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I want to download the iOS13 bata but don’t want to hassle of downgrading if something goes wrong. Wait or is it smooth even though it’s a bata

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I want to download the iOS13 bata but don’t want to hassle of downgrading if something goes wrong. Wait or is it smooth even though it’s a bata

The beta is, as betas go, fairly smooth. That said, check out the iMore thread on the Dev Beta and the main thread for the Public Beta. These will give you an idea of the issues that some people are experiencing. You just need to be mindful of what beta software is, and that you are likely to experience issues (apps not working properly, apps not working at all, unexpected crashes or re-springs, missing or incomplete functionality, etc.). My experience with the iOS 13 betas has been largely positive, but your mileage may vary.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Then you have 2 options. First, install the beta on a "non daily" driver, like an iPad. I have it on my iPad and it's running great. Second, wait for the official to release. I had the beta on my 7+ but there were too many quirky issues for me, specifically camera app related. Some of the camera apps I use were not saving images to my iCloud photos and were instead saving them only in the specific camera app I was using. As a photographer, that was a major issue with me. So back to 12.4 I went.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I’m running the public beta on my backup 6s. No way would I put it on my primary device not yet.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Your hesitation to install the beta is understandable. Some people have major issues whereas others have little to no issues at all with them. There are always risks associated with unfinished software.

I’m running the latest dev bets as my daily driver on my primary iPhone with no issues, other than a minor glitch with the native Mail app. What’s funny is that others had experienced the glitch in previous beta versions and I had not until this particular build. Go figure!

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Your hesitation to install the beta is understandable. Some people have major issues whereas others have little to no issues at all with them. There are always risks associated with unfinished software.

I’m running the latest dev bets as my daily driver on my primary iPhone with no issues, other than a minor glitch with the native Mail app. What’s funny is that others had experienced the glitch in previous beta versions and I had not until this particular build. Go figure!

Do you suggest I do it or wait for the suspense? Either way I may wait for the next few weeks because I’m going on vacation & I don’t want The battery to miss behave

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you suggest I do it or wait for the suspense? Either way I may wait for the next few weeks because I’m going on vacation & I don’t want The battery to miss behave

With waiting a couple weeks do you think it will get better since there might be another beta coming out

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Don’t load the beta if you’re already dreading the hassle of downgrading. You eventually will want to downgrade over some issue.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Don’t load the beta if you’re already dreading the hassle of downgrading. You eventually will want to downgrade over some issue.

Definitely this. I've tried every public beta for iOS 13 so far and they've been pretty good but I don't mind tinkering with my phone and wiping it. I never even create a back up I always end up setting up as new. My issue always seems to come a few days after I load the beta. That's when stuff starts getting whacky for me. I will say that the higher the betas number so far the longer they've stayed stable for me.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a XS Max, Series 4 Nike watch and 10.5 IPad Pro. All running the latest Dev Beta. All daily drivers. All running great. You only live once.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm running the public beta on my only device. A few quirks here and there, but nothing major worth downgrading for. It's running quite smooth. Most issues I see are in apps that haven't yet updated for iOS 13. But even those are no big deal.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you’re the type of person who freaks out over the smallest of quirks or have work/business-related software that must work - I’m not talking about email, Slack, Zoom, Skype, or Google staff - then wait until iOS 13 is officially released.

Other than that, I would say install it.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest you do not install iOS 13, you have expressed concern about it, there are people who enjoy the problems of the betas, let them do it, and download it when it works .

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been on PB 4 for a few days. It really has been very smooth. Just an occasional email issue with the native mail app.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Beats or what they are. They have issues. If your worried about issues you might have, then it’s not for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2