iOS 12.4 is now available

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
As I saw in the iPhone migration film one still has to download the application from the AppStore.

It works just as if you restored an iPhone from a backup on iTunes or iCloud. All the data from the apps transfer and the apps just re-download on their own. You don't not need to go to the App Store and re-download every single app. It does it for you through the app-thinning process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA8vn42vGts

The best thing about this wireless migration is that the restore is the equivalent of the iTunes Encrypted backup so many passwords restore without having to re-authenticate as you would from a restore of an iCloud backup.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
It works just as if you restored an iPhone from a backup on iTunes or iCloud. All the data from the apps transfer and the apps just re-download on their own. You don't not need to go to the App Store and re-download every single app. It does it for you through the app-thinning process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA8vn42vGts

The best thing about this wireless migration is that the restore is the equivalent of the iTunes Encrypted backup so many passwords restore without having to re-authenticate as you would from a restore of an iCloud backup.

I read this from a webpage on macrumours. “It works similarly to an iCloud backup or an iTunes backup, transferring over information like photos, app information, device preferences and settings, and more. App data is transferred over, but as with an iCloud backup, apps are downloaded directly from the App Store rather than from your existing iPhone.”

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I read this from a webpage on macrumours. “It works similarly to an iCloud backup or an iTunes backup, transferring over information like photos, app information, device preferences and settings, and more. App data is transferred over, but as with an iCloud backup, apps are downloaded directly from the App Store rather than from your existing iPhone.”

Because this migration copies across the same data as an iTunes encrypted backup, passwords for email are saved, as are logins for some applications. In other words, all of your settings, app data, media, photos, etc. are migrated over.

9to5 Mac does their homework better on things like this, in my opinion.

https://9to5mac.com/2019/07/24/how-to-use-iphone-migration-tool-ios-12-4-transfer-your-data/

And yes, the apps download directly from the App Store like I mentioned. You don't have to go do it yourself. If you're worried about that then you have no good choice for an iPhone restore at all.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
There is one application that I want to transfer from one iPad to another iPad but, that application is not available in the App Store anymore.

There are computer applications that used to transfer applications. I likes Anytrans. Then the applications would not transfer so that option became a waste of monies.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Then an iTunes backup is your only option.

I tried this on that same application. But will not open on the newer iPad. I see this.

7eb13e6d7395a70d6fa3da5c5d9cfcc3.jpg

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I tried this on that same application. But will not open on the newer iPad. I see this.

7eb13e6d7395a70d6fa3da5c5d9cfcc3.jpg

Sorry, what I meant was if the application is saved in iTunes, then it’d be possible. However, I remembered right after I posted that apps are no longer saved in iTunes. So my point is negated.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I finally found time yesterday to update all 9 Apple devices for our household and so far everything is good.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else have an issue with the Music app playing a random album when connecting to Bluetooth? No matter what I am listening to beforehand, a textbook album with start playing on my XR when it’s connected to my car’s Bluetooth.

Bijutech1

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone else have an issue with the Music app playing a random album when connecting to Bluetooth? No matter what I am listening to beforehand, a textbook album with start playing on my XR when it’s connected to my car’s Bluetooth.

Not a random album for me but my music is randomly not playing certain songs with or without Apple Music library switched on so I’m forced to delete the download and then redownload it which is very frustrating and annoying

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods