iOS 13 Public Beta 3 has been released

ozdezignr

Sep 22, 2018
Visit site
We have loaded the profile on iPhone 6s but it does not show any updates, tried everything including wiping the phone, still on IOS 12.3.1

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
We have loaded the profile on iPhone 6s but it does not show any updates, tried everything including wiping the phone, still on IOS 12.3.1

Did you go to Settings->General→ Profile and verify that the beta profile was installed?

If you haven’t already, remove the profile then log into the Apple Beta Software Program site and download it again. Afterwards, install the newly downloaded beta profile.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Auto brightness on iOS 13 doesn't work well for me. I keep my lights off during the day. I get plenty of light from my windows. It's easier on my eyes this way. But when I enable auto brightness, it turns down to about 15% brightness, and I can't see the screen well enough. So, I pull up the control center and adjust it to about 25%. A minor inconvenience. 15% is just too low. It might be enough if it were night time dark.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I tried searching only post I could find was from developer beta 3 and no one replied to him/ her but on my iPad everything is fine but my iPhone the settings badge is there and says I have a software update but I’m updated ? Anyone else have this ? Scratch that I missed it it’s on my iPad as well. I can ignore it but my concern is when next update comes out if I’ll be able get it or not.

egrier65

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I tried searching only post I could find was from developer beta 3 and no one replied to him/ her but on my iPad everything is fine but my iPhone the settings badge is there and says I have a software update but I’m updated ? Anyone else have this ? Scratch that I missed it it’s on my iPad as well. I can ignore it but my concern is when next update comes out if I’ll be able get it or not.

I had that issue and it eventually went away. There was a post that said to turn WiFi off and on but that didn’t seem to help. I just happened to notice that the badge wasn’t there anymore.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Am I understanding this correctly that the only way to role back to a public version of iOS after installing a beta is to restore from a saved backup via iTunes?

Yes but you also have to put your device back on the public release. So if you use iTunes to backup 12.4, install 13 beta, and want to go back to 12.4, you'll first have to put your device back on 12.4 then restore the iTunes backup. You can't restore different iOS versions.

Will In SF

Oct 30, 2018
Visit site
Public Beta 3 has been mostly working well for me on my XR. I have three apps that crash when opening however: Pocket, Microsoft OneDrive and MSN Sports. Not a big deal, but hopefully they will be updated. Mail has been way better in this beta.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Public Beta 3 has been mostly working well for me on my XR. I have three apps that crash when opening however: Pocket, Microsoft OneDrive and MSN Sports. Not a big deal, but hopefully they will be updated. Mail has been way better in this beta.

OneDrive is working fine for me (X and SE). Maybe try to uninstall and reinstall?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I had a weird bug today. I’m going to check tomorrow again if it’s still there.

In Mail, if I disable an Exchange-based account, it won’t delete the messages from the “All Mailboxes” inbox.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes but you also have to put your device back on the public release. So if you use iTunes to backup 12.4, install 13 beta, and want to go back to 12.4, you'll first have to put your device back on 12.4 then restore the iTunes backup. You can't restore different iOS versions.

How do you roll back to 12.4 without restoring?

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Here's the link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203282

Follow the instructions under "Remove the developer beta by restoring your device".

“Note that backups created while using beta software might not be compatible with older versions of iOS. If you don't have an older backup that was made using the current version of iOS, you might not be able to restore your device with your most recent backup.”

That's the part I had problems with and why I asked. I wasn't able to restore out of beta cause my backup was not of a standard release. It's why I've decided not to attempt anymore betas as well.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
“Note that backups created while using beta software might not be compatible with older versions of iOS. If you don't have an older backup that was made using the current version of iOS, you might not be able to restore your device with your most recent backup.”

That's the part I had problems with and why I asked. I wasn't able to restore out of beta cause my backup was not of a standard release. It's why I've decided not to attempt anymore betas as well.

Rule #1 before installing beta:
Backup current device to iTunes.

That way if you want to go back after installing the beta, reload iOS and restore.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I understand that now. I also don’t like that if you’re several iterations into the beta, and want to roll back, you’ll have several months of data lost.

KBV1

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having the issue with CarPlay and Phone calls? Each time I make or receive a phone call and answer via CarPlay, my phone unlocks to the call screen without FaceID.

I have also had the a bug when my phone is connected to my apple watch and i get a call.. it shows and vibrates my watch, but my phone. nothing. No call coming through, no vibration/ringtone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal