iOS 13 Public Beta 3 has been released

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am happy. My car play is working again. I had sent feedback with what happened on beta 2. Apple didn’t send me a response BUT my issues have been fixed! Glad for that

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I hate to ask this, as I’m sure it’s grating for many, but how’s the battery life with this beta? I’ve heard what I don’t want to hear, so I’m still a bit hesitant.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully the mail is finally fixed. The red dot being there when there are no new emails is annoying.

Edit: Seems to be the badges on mail are working properly again! Woohoo

Mine was fine at first, then the badge issue began persisting again. Wound up going back to iOS 12.4

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the developer beta, and after using for a full 24 hours. I went back to iOS 12.4, this is still far too buggy. Hopefully it will become smoother in the next 2 beta builds.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Nothing out of the ordinary on my iPad Pro 12.9, Mini 5 or iPhone X (all are primary daily devices).

If anything I expected more drain because I’m using the devices more. with the Public Betas installed (test new features, etc) but I haven’t noticed anything different.

I hate to ask this, as I’m sure it’s grating for many, but how’s the battery life with this beta? I’ve heard what I don’t want to hear, so I’m still a bit hesitant.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Am I understanding this correctly that the only way to role back to a public version of iOS after installing a beta is to restore from a saved backup via iTunes?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Honestly for me it seems to be pretty similar to IOS 12, maybe even a little better at times.

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the new beta and so far no issues to report.

One question I have though is regarding the Mail app.

I saw the new listed features in ios 13 Mail include a "reply later" function, and categorizing email. Are these features included in Mail yet? I cant seem to find them.

mphillips828

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If anyone has a review they have found that walks through all the new features related to the Mail app that would be helpful! I cant seem to find anything!

minimejer05

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
This definitely feels more polished than the previous betas. Animation and touch sensitivity and movement feel fluid and fast. Haven’t noticed any real beta “problems” yet. On iPhone X 256GB

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My battery life has been decent but now I have the smart battery case because some days I am out longer. I like the smart battery case. Highly recommend if you have battery issues. It’s comfortable to hold

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. So one who has the “Gold Master” won’t be asked to update to the public version?

The GM is just the official release. Both developer and public releases will be out a few days to a week or so before the official rollout in September. When iOS 13 is officially released, with both betas being the GM, there will be no prompt to update your software.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Appreciate your help. I was actually asking regarding the 12.4 update. I stopped taking them back when it was beta 3 or 4, and was wondering if I update to beta 7 will it also prompt me to update the final version.

Thank you.