iOS 13 Developer Beta 4 is now available

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Somewhere in the previous betas my other storage got stockpiled again. Last night I deleted a ton of apps and I restored my phone earlier tonight. Everything is running smoothly on iOS.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I went back to iOS 12.4 Beta 7. This is still far too buggy of a beta. Hope beta 5 & 6 fix things up a bit.

Buggy? Wow, iOS13 Beta 4 is running very good on my Xs Max. Curious, what device are you currently using and what's "buggy". As of right now iOS13 Beta 4 is running just as good and/or better than iOS12 did on my device.

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Buggy? Wow, iOS13 Beta 4 is running very good on my Xs Max. Curious, what device are you currently using and what's "buggy". As of right now iOS13 Beta 4 is running just as good and/or better than iOS12 did on my device.

I have a XS.

I still have issues with Exchange Email & Main/Sub Folder notification badges either not there or persisting despite deletion.

Gmail notification/crashing issues.

App/Menu freezes.

Unreliable native keyboard, don't get me started, Gboard is light years ahead.

Random signal drops and zero cellular connection.

Bottom dock randomly disappearing.

These are just a few.

To each their own, but these are my very real issues, and the reason I went back to 12.4. I've even done wipes and clean installing and these issues among others persist.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have a XS.

I still have issues with Exchange Email & Main/Sub Folder notification badges either not there or persisting despite deletion.

Gmail notification/crashing issues.

App/Menu freezes.

Unreliable native keyboard, don't get me started, Gboard is light years ahead.

Random signal drops and zero cellular connection.

Bottom dock randomly disappearing.

These are just a few.

To each their own, but these are my very real issues, and the reason I went back to 12.4. I've even done wipes and clean installing and these issues among others persist.

That stinks, sorry to hear you are having so many problems. I’d like to hear from other XS users wonder if it’s something with the XS. I’m using iPhone X and the only real problem I had was the stock email app being buggy, but that is fixed for me in beta 4. I dropped Gboard in favor of the stock keyboard it works so smooth my X.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thinking back now last night after I updated to beta 4, I plugged my phone into my computer to copy some photos off my phone and it failed while copying photos, after that I could not connect to the phone anymore with computer. Before I did that my Photos app was working fine so there may be a glitch with beta that may cause the Photos app to crash if you plug it into your computer to copy photos so use caution. And I have tried rebooting even hard rebooting and I don’t use iCloud photos.

UPDATE: I was able to use another app called Camera+ to access my camera roll and delete all my photos now my Photos app is working as it should thank goodness.

Excellent!...and thank you for the update...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That stinks, sorry to hear you are having so many problems. I’d like to hear from other XS users wonder if it’s something with the XS. I’m using iPhone X and the only real problem I had was the stock email app being buggy, but that is fixed for me in beta 4. I dropped Gboard in favor of the stock keyboard it works so smooth my X.

The same exact experience on my Xs Max, only I dropped SwiftKey in favor of the Apple stock keyboard

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I've been having crashing issues with At Bat lately on iOS 12, so it might not be unique to iOS 13.

This particular issue, the failure to play live video and hanging on the blackout screen while playing the video feed audio, which then stops altogether after a couple minutes, appears to be unique to iOS 13 and possibly to dev beta 4. I can listen to the radio audio without problems.

There is a report of the same thing on a Reddit iOS 13 thread. I’ve spoken with level 2 tech support at MLB, and they were interested—had me send the logs from the app, etc.

This has all the characteristics of a compatibility problem, i.e., bug.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
This "exploding" folder bug is KILLING me... has been around since iOS 13 beta debuted. Thought beta 4 might have fixed it (the whole new way to "rearrange apps" via 3D Touch), but alas, it has not. Video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CLT60mho2E

I've updated my bug report with apple, attaching the video posted above. Hopefully Apple gets around to it

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Same here in my iPhone X. Solid as a rock and as smooth as butter to this point.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
This "exploding" folder bug is KILLING me... has been around since iOS 13 beta debuted. Thought beta 4 might have fixed it (the whole new way to "rearrange apps" via 3D Touch), but alas, it has not. Video below.

I've updated my bug report with apple, attaching the video posted above. Hopefully Apple gets around to it

I’ve experienced this and it’s quite annoying. I reported it on dev beta 1. Hopefully others report it too!

KBV1

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having the issue with CarPlay and Phone calls? Each time I make or receive a phone call and answer via CarPlay, my phone unlocks to the call screen without FaceID.

I have also had the a bug when my phone is connected to my apple watch and i get a call.. it shows and vibrates my watch, but my phone. nothing. No call coming through, no vibration/ringtone

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Mail is still very very buggy. I can't go anywhere near as saying it's as good or better that any iOS 12. iOS 13 beta is good enough to use but lots of bugs that still need squashing. Lots.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I don’t see what you’re talking about. Exploding folder? Can you explain it better? I’ve watched the video several times, but see nothing unusual.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t see what you’re talking about. Exploding folder? Can you explain it better? I’ve watched the video several times, but see nothing unusual.
I've tried numerous times, but when I drag an icon onto another one and then drop it, both apps appear in the folder. Nothing explodes or appear to do anything out of the ordinary on my iPhone, unless I'm misunderstanding the OP.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
Dev Beta 4 is running pretty smooth thus far on iPhone 7 Plus the only issue I am having with this Beta build is with the Carrier connection. It periodically will say “ No Service” and i have to flip the airplane mode on and back off to get it to reconnect. Ive tried soft reset and network settings reset. It will go several hours fine and then bam there it goes again. Not sure if its a beta issue or the phone hardware yet. Has anyone else experienced a “no service “ message ?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73