iOS 13 Dev Beta 3 is now available

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They’ve released another Beta 3? I’m already on Beta 3 though....lol
1c2a75c80634ab40a81734a6d56dc141.jpg

I thought I was crazy for a moment when I saw the update. I was like, “I know I’ve installed Dev Beta 3 already. What the heck!?!”

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having a bluetooth issue when playing through car bluetooth? I’m running into a bug where I can see my up-next and scroll using my steering wheel, but can’t select a new song within the playlist or skip a song unless I pick up my phone and tap “next” or a different song manually.

I’ve attached a video to explain better.

Btw, I’m not running CarPlay (I prefer BMW iDrive), just simply playing music through my phone connected to bluetooth.

All other bluetooth functions work normally and great!

Also... it seems that you can’t post/attach a video from camera roll onto Tapatalk or the iMore forums app, so I had to upload to YouTube haha (if anyone knows an easier way, please let me know for the future!)

Do you all think that I should submit this bug to apple? Or is it too remote (i.e., could be a problem with my car’s bluetooth or something not syncing right on BMWs side, and not apple)

https://youtu.be/q91p9PMIJuE

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having a bluetooth issue when playing through car bluetooth? I’m running into a bug where I can see my up-next and scroll using my steering wheel, but can’t select a new song within the playlist or skip a song unless I pick up my phone and tap “next” or a different song manually.

Btw, I’m not running CarPlay (I prefer BMW iDrive), just simply playing music through my phone connected to bluetooth.

Also... it seems that you can’t post/attach a video from camera roll onto Tapatalk or the iMore forums app, so I had to upload to YouTube haha (if anyone knows an easier way, please let me know for the future!)

Do you all think that I should submit this bug to apple? Or is it too remote (i.e., could be a problem with my car’s bluetooth or something not syncing right on BMWs side, and not apple)

I experienced the exact same thing last night while using BMW iDrive. Although I could see the next song when using the steering wheel, Selecting the next song did nothing until I selected it via my iPhone. I still have an iPhone running iOS 12.3.1 and I plan to test it with my car later today to see if it happens. I’ll post the results later today.

kingjagg

Jul 9, 2019
Visit site

This has been an issue in my M4 for years. The quickest way to fix it is to hit the radio button on the idrive knob and then click media again. That should let the tracks skip and show song info again.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My XS Max thinks that MMS is turned off when it is actually on. Any advice. I’ve already reset network settings.

f18ae770e2553acae2035e51e3e587f9.jpg

I was able to successfully send an MMS earlier to my brother and I did not get any kind of error message. I wonder if it's only affecting the iPhone XS Max.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so my GPS seems to be fixed, however, I still have other random network issues and as stated, some issues sending SMS to by brother on Android. While beta 3 rev 2 is better than the first it’s still not as good as earlier betas. Hopefully beta 4 brings some fixes.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Pardon the double post—I posted this in error in an earlier thread and had meant to post under beta 3.

Anyone with an iPhone XS or XS Max using the latest version of Pocket? It crashes on opening after the initial sign in every time. It did this on beta 1 but not on beta 2, but is doing it again with beta 3. My iPad 12” with beta 3 is handling Pocket fine, although it, too, had crashed with beta 1.

I’ve sent the logs from iTunes to the Pocket developer, but no response. Also tried their new beta version (just out yesterday) thru Test Flight, but it crashes, as well, after the initial sign-in, which goes OK.

I’ve reported this via Apple Feedback, and apparently no one else is reporting it. Otherwise beta 3 is running well for a beta, mail problems aside.

Anyone here who could try Pocket on an XS or XS Max and report back? It’s a free DL and free registration, and it will not crash until after you are signed in.

I’m showing the App Store picture since there are a number of apps that have Pocket in the name.

Thanks very much.

6c54037b450362aebd6ea20440772076.jpg

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone who uses Arlo security cams confirm that the prior bug where live video feed was borked is fixed or does it still persist?

TIA

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
This has been an issue in my M4 for years. The quickest way to fix it is to hit the radio button on the idrive knob and then click media again. That should let the tracks skip and show song info again.

Ya, this issue seems to come up whenever a beta is released, but then “fix” itself. For example, by the last iOS 12.4 betas it was working flawlessly, but when I jumped on iOS 13 beta, it stopped working again.

I can see the song/playlist info, it just doesn’t let me skip songs or select a new one from the playlist using my steering wheel.

I’ve reported to Apple, so well see what happens. Not the end of the world.

I’ll try and toggle between radio and media and see if that helps (it hasn’t in the past).

Bionicspyder

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed in the Find My app that when you use the geofencing feature to notify you when someone leaves or arrives from or at a location it requires that a notification be sent to the person being monitored?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Apparently all of my iMessages are showing up as being sent from one of my emails and not from my phone number.

Not sure if this is an iOS 13 issue, or an issue because I recently got a new phone (long story short, apple messed up when replacing my screen for broken glass so they gave me a refurbished iPhoneX, I had to set up the phone as new, update to iOS 13 on the ‘new’ device, then restore from my ios13 backup)

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed in the Find My app that when you use the geofencing feature to notify you when someone leaves or arrives from or at a location it requires that a notification be sent to the person being monitored?

I've noticed this as well. Didn't require it in other versions of iOS, nor was it present in the previous Beta.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed this as well. Didn't require it in other versions of iOS, nor was it present in the previous Beta.

Yeah, that’s a new feature. I believe it has to do with privacy, so people can’t get a notification without your knowledge about your leaving or arriving at a certain place.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Apparently all of my iMessages are showing up as being sent from one of my emails and not from my phone number.

Not sure if this is an iOS 13 issue, or an issue because I recently got a new phone (long story short, apple messed up when replacing my screen for broken glass so they gave me a refurbished iPhoneX, I had to set up the phone as new, update to iOS 13 on the ‘new’ device, then restore from my ios13 backup)

Usually that is a new phone issue. If you go into settings and imessage you should see a thing that says "start message from" and then has the number or email.