iOS 13 Dev Beta 3 is now available

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Build number 17A5508m vs. 17A5522f?

My build number for both my iPhoneX and iPad Pro 12.9 (newest generation with Face ID) is 17A5522f

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
After further and further testing. If this build releases to public beta, don’t load it. If your on the public beta and reading this post. There are way too many issues with this build. Beta 2 was way better. Good thing I have other phones to use as a daily driver. I’ll be putting my XS away until beta 4.

I’ll see you guys in 2 weeks

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Beta 3 is much better for my iPad Pro 11 !
Except for Files than lost my SMB servers and impossible to reconnect...

But beta 3 for my iPhone 8 is worse then beta 2...
My iPhone keep crashing and auto rebooting (3 times since this morning)

But fortunately this is very quick about 5 seconds each time !, black screen with the little spinning wheel and then the lock screen open and I can use the iPhone normally!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To the people who are having lots of issues with Dev Beta 3, what devices are this issues occurring?

The reason I ask is because it’s running well in my iPhone X and I’ve yet to experience a single glitch thus far. By the way, I am running the dev beta as a daily driver.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Using the native Mail app is quite pleasing with iOS 13, in my opinion. Everything is laid out practically.

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
To the people who are having lots of issues with Dev Beta 3, what devices are this issues occurring?

The reason I ask is because it’s running well in my iPhone X and I’ve yet to experience a single glitch thus far. By the way, I am running the dev beta as a daily driver.

XS Max and daily as well. Less time loading and no real bugs like the previous 2

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m on iPhoneX and iPad Pro 12.9 (3rd gen) - much faster and smoother than beta 2. Very happy!

Happier about Catalina - my MacBook Pro 15” is running MUCH faster on beta 3 and battery life is back to just about normal as well

One issue I am still having on iOS 13 on both iPad and iPhone is the weird App Store updating issue: some apps will update normally, while others ill have to tap “update” multiple times before they actually update. Seems random as well. Not a huge deal... everything ends up updating eventually.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
So far three days running and battery is good, stock mail app seems to be mostly stable now, but a little slow refreshing mail. A few app crashes here and there, but they start back up and run fine. Slide to type is working great, had to turn off dark mode because too many unreadable menus, tabs. I’m sure that will be fixed as developers update apps.

Over all a pleasant experience so far.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why I'm having so many problems with these betas. My phone still won't charge after 3 betas. When I plug in battery sits at whatever percent I'm at at that time. My phone shows software update but says I'm current. Weird.

I know JustMeD you aren't having any problems 😂.

D0EB7622-3C23-4DC8-B2F2-FB00453E7AAF.jpeg700FDBBE-0F93-4AB9-AD3A-BA922469DE52.jpeg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why I'm having so many problems with these betas. My phone still won't charge after 3 betas. When I plug in battery sits at whatever percent I'm at at that time. My phone shows software update but says I'm current. Weird.

I know JustMeD you aren't having any problems .

View attachment 126396View attachment 126397

Seriously, I really am not having any issues with the dev betas. With dev beta 1, I think I had one or two resprings, dev beta 2 was solid and this 3rd dev beta is even more solid on *my* device.

If I were having issues, I’d bring them up here in the forums. With that being said, I put my device in DFU mode and installed dev beta 1 from scratch and set it up as a new device. Dev betas 2 & 3 were installed OTA.

Setting up as new is what I believe have kept me from experiencing a lot of the issues others are experiencing. I don’t have proof to back up that claim, but I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing....

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Seriously, I really am not having any issues with the dev betas. With dev beta 1, I think I had one or two resprings, dev beta 2 was solid and this 3rd dev beta is even more solid on *my* device.

If I were having issues, I’d bring them up here in the forums. With that being said, I put my device in DFU mode and installed dev beta 1 from scratch and set it up as a new device. Dev betas 2 & 3 were installed OTA.

Setting up as new is what I believe have kept me from experiencing a lot of the issues others are experiencing. I don’t have proof to back up that claim, but I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing....

I believe setting up as new is the key also.

cgordonn

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
Using an XS Max here and just moved from Public Beta 1, to Dev Beta 3. One issue I had with the public beta was Hey Siri not working properly. I could say the command Hey Siri and Siri would activate, but not respond to any further voice commands. I could type the commands and actions, but voice commands won't work. The dev beta 3 is having the same issue. Is anyone else having this issue?

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

I installed beta 3 today, also set up as new and I’m not experiencing any problems.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR