Hello, I have an iPad Pro (2017) 12.9” and often when I want to use the on screen keyboard, it acts as if I have an external connected. I do use a Bluetooth keyboard sometimes. I’ve turned Bluetooth off, I’ve told it to forget the device. I’ve reset the iPad and it will still act as if there’s an external keyboard connected to it.

What do I mean by acting like it? It won’t show the onscreen keyboard and shows the bottom “panel” where paste, undo, redo, etc as if I’m typing on a keyboard. In the settings, it will show that no keyboard is connected.

The main way I get the keyboard to show back up is by connecting my external keyboard and then pressing the onscreen keyboard button on my keyboard.

Is anyone having this problem? Is there a way to bring the onscreen keyboard back up?
    06-28-2019 12:49 AM
    Maybe you found a bug?
    06-28-2019 10:20 AM
    I don’t have a problem with mine
    07-03-2019 03:45 PM
    Hello, I have an iPad Pro (2017) 12.9” and often when I want to use the on screen keyboard, it acts as if I have an external connected. I do use a Bluetooth keyboard sometimes. I’ve turned Bluetooth off, I’ve told it to forget the device. I’ve reset the iPad and it will still act as if there’s an external keyboard connected to it.

What do I mean by acting like it? It won’t show the onscreen keyboard and shows the bottom “panel” where paste, undo, redo, etc as if I’m typing on a keyboard. In the settings, it will show that no keyboard is connected.

The main way I get the keyboard to show back up is by connecting my external keyboard and then pressing the onscreen keyboard button on my keyboard.

Is anyone having this problem? Is there a way to bring the onscreen keyboard back up?
    Did you get this issue resolved? If not, have you installed dev beta 3 yet?
    07-03-2019 06:21 PM
    I could not figure out why it was happening, so no resolution. I later downgraded to iOS 12. Partly because I’m selling my iPad. I’m getting a 3rd gen iPad Pro. I might wait until the final release or a later release of iOS 13 before I put the beta on my new iPad.
    07-03-2019 06:43 PM
    I could not figure out why it was happening, so no resolution. I later downgraded to iOS 12. Partly because I’m selling my iPad. I’m getting a 3rd gen iPad Pro. I might wait until the final release or a later release of iOS 13 before I put the beta on my new iPad.
    Understood. Thank you!
    07-03-2019 06:56 PM