iOS 13 Public Beta 1 released

Bijutech1

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Did you turn off your VPN that can also cause a problem for stuff like that on the beta I should know it happened to me on my iPad Pro I tried to download my app updates the thing that was stopping it was my VPN

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Yup that’s why Apple has on their website how to make an encrypted backup and then archive it. You have to scroll past that BEFORE you can download the beta profile. Betas are buggy and not for everyone.

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I am not stupid. I know that Betas have issues. But this one is ridiculous. I’ve never used a beta with so many issues and I’ve been on them ever since public betas were a thing. Apple should have waited until it was more stable to release it

gjh1978

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I am not stupid. I know that Betas have issues. But this one is ridiculous. I’ve never used a beta with so many issues and I’ve been on them ever since public betas were a thing. Apple should have waited until it was more stable to release it

Notwithstanding your opinion, it still is your choice to install or not to install. You also have the wonderful option of rolling back to iOS 12.4 beta and waiting until fall for the stable official release.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

Wasn’t trying to imply anything. I do also feel like betas are inherently unstable, and the point of them being for us to find those bugs and reporting them.

montecito79

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
I am wishing I never upgraded to ios 13. After not being able to upload my photos via one drive they are currently being uploaded as I type this. I am currently having problems downloading app updates from the app store too. This is a nightmare

Same thing. This is my first beta and maybe it is just a bad luck.

Evernote can not be edited, youtube freezes from time to time. Bank app crashed down, app store needs to be refreshed for few times before I can log in, from time to time when I finish phone call there is black screen afterwards...

Total disaster.

When is beta 2 coming?

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
To go on the basis that at one point a beta you were using functioned fine & now this one doesn't is where your hangup might be bro. "Past performance is not a guarantee of future results"

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The last beta I joined was iOS 10. I was having a lot of issues, so I Reset All Settings. That fixed a lot of it. You might also try deleting the profile, then adding it back. I have a few bugs on my 6s Plus, but it seems pretty stable for the most part.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Greatly depends on who you ask, what device they're using, which apps they use, your definition of issues, your perspective, etc etc etc.

For me, on iPhone X & latest iPad Pro 12.9... aside from a few crashed apps here & there, it's fine & I don't regret using the Public Beta at all.

Please tell me How is Public beta 1 doing so far? Bugs? Smooth? Issues?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't use auto updates. Never have. One thing I don't like, are the new share sheets. It's made things more difficult. The old was better.

I like the new share option. The layout is cleaner in my opinion. Anyway, I’m what manner has it made things more difficult for you, if you don’t mind me asking?

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
The last beta I joined was iOS 10. I was having a lot of issues, so I Reset All Settings. That fixed a lot of it. You might also try deleting the profile, then adding it back. I have a few bugs on my 6s Plus, but it seems pretty stable for the most part.

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I greatly appreciate it :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR