iOS 13 Public Beta 1 released

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Ugh I'm so tempted to put the beta on my phone as well. Based on the random little issues I'm seeing on my iPad Pro 10.5 though I'm trying to hold out for the 2nd beta before doing it though. Still, both are backed up and and (PC) the backups moved to a safe spot (archive doesn't work on PC) so it's not like I really lose anything other than having a glitchy day at work if it doesn't behave.

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I've reported a couple of bugs so far, with the biggest one being difficulty in downloading updates to apps in App Store. I initiate the update (doesn't matter if I select an individual app or use the "Select all" option) and the download status indicator appears as expected. But there's never any progress. I've had this happen on previous betas, and it was a mater of waiting, because the download WAS happening despite the lack of the status indicator changing.

This time around, it's a matter of apps not downloading at all for me. I've closed, force quit, and restarted the App Store, but this doesn't fix it. The only remedy I've found is to reboot the iPhone - after that, I can download updates without issue. Don't know what changes in-between that and the next time I have apps to update.

Anyway, that's the biggest thing I've noticed in my usage. The other stuff I've reported includes Facebook crashes (but really, is THAT a problem?), and a couple of instances of text that is cut off.

For context: I'm on an iPhone 7 and it's my daily driver.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
24 hours later: I noticed another issue. Microsoft Teams not starting properly. I had to erase all previous data for it to start again.

Other than that and the navigation issue (according to logs, might be because of high CPU usage) and several minor UI glitches, it’s been rock solid on my old iPhone 6s.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issue with Safari on ipad not displaying desktop site? I tried to go to docs.google.com and it sent me to the app. I reported it in the feedback app, not sure if anyone else was having the issue as well.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Anyone having issue with Safari on ipad not displaying desktop site? I tried to go to docs.google.com and it sent me to the app. I reported it in the feedback app, not sure if anyone else was having the issue as well.

Oh, I totally forgot Safari got a desktop mode like that, so I haven't tested it yet. Was the app already installed? Maybe it sent you there since you had it in that case. I don't have it installed so I can test that when I get home if you want.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I totally forgot Safari got a desktop mode like that, so I haven't tested it yet. Was the app already installed? Maybe it sent you there since you had it in that case. I don't have it installed so I can test that when I get home if you want.

I have had the app installed before updating to IOS 13. Will be interesting to see if it performs the same for you without the app installed.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have the problem of the public beta not downloading?
Every time I try to download the profile, I get this screen. It pops up at the bottom but does not actually start the download.

thumbnail.png

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else have the problem of the public beta not downloading?
Every time I try to download the profile, I get this screen. It pops up at the bottom but does not actually start the download.

View attachment 126359

You have to go into settings. You should see where it says profile. Click on it and the install should begin. Then you can check for updates and IOS13 should appear.

davidnc

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Installed on my SE just after noon today. So far so good. I haven't had any FC's or reboots. After about 9 hrs use.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
First hiccup.

Went to send an email from the Mail app and it kept FC when I would attempt to change the sent from email address.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Since there's not much activity in the iPad OS section and I'm not in the iOS beta yet I'll just put it here. Just remembered the new photos stuff and editing. As a huge fan of Adobe Lightroom classic CC and the mobile version I'm highly impressed by the native photo app editor changes!

love4speechless

Sep 25, 2018
Visit site
I’ve run into a couple of problems so far. The first is that OneDrive is no longer uploading photos anymore. The second is that when sending pictures via mail it shows them as codes and then posts them all at the end of emails. So weird. Other than the typical battery draining I’m LOVING iOS 13. I love dark mode and the new sliding features of the default keyboard. No more SwiftKey for me

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
I’ve run into a couple of problems so far. The first is that OneDrive is no longer uploading photos anymore. The second is that when sending pictures via mail it shows them as codes and then posts them all at the end of emails. So weird. Other than the typical battery draining I’m LOVING iOS 13. I love dark mode and the new sliding features of the default keyboard. No more SwiftKey for me

I’ve had no issues with OneDrive uploads. Just checked. What does your app say?

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue with being unable to clear changes made to a shared calendar under “Inbox” in the calendar app? There is no option showing to clear them and opening to look at each one does not clear them either.

DarkKnight08

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue with being unable to clear changes made to a shared calendar under “Inbox” in the calendar app? There is no option showing to clear them and opening to look at each one does not clear them either.

Never mind. After a couple of reboots the “ok” showed up again and I was able to clear them.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
You have to go into settings. You should see where it says profile. Click on it and the install should begin. Then you can check for updates and IOS13 should appear.

I had to use the back up that i created, then restart the process and it worked smooth. Just a weird hiccup in the downloading process i guess.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro