iOS 13 Public Beta 1 released

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
The sweetest update, IMO, is car play. Not only is the UI much better but now, you can use your phone without car play going back to the home screen. Amazing!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
OK, Y'all! How is Public beta 1 doing so far? Bugs? Smooth? Issues?

Smooth for me. Battery seems to be holding up well and dark mode is great. Definitely feels snappier on the lockscreen with notifications and opening apps.

Also installed on my ipad (11) and love the apps being smaller on the homescreen.

Will In SF

Oct 30, 2018
Visit site
I downlaoded it this afternoon. So far eveything is running smooth on my XR. One thing I have noticed that memory managment may be a bit of an issue in this build. A few apps seem to have to reload. This is especially evident with Twitter and surprisingly Safari. One note: Third party app widgets to not appear dark when dark mode is activated, only Apple's app widgets. Perhaps other apps will be updated with time. I love all the hapatic shortcuts and the new volume level indicator...woohoo!

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Question for those running the beta. Are you seeing the new maps? I'm running the iPadOs beta and they look the same as my phone on 12.x. Guessing they haven't been released yet?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Question for those running the beta. Are you seeing the new maps? I'm running the iPadOs beta and they look the same as my phone on 12.x. Guessing they haven't been released yet?

Which maps are you looking for? On my XS running IOS 13 the apple maps is new and updated and visibly different from IOS 12. Much more detail in the maps on IOS 13.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Which maps are you looking for? On my XS running IOS 13 the apple maps is new and updated and visibly different from IOS 12. Much more detail in the maps on IOS 13.

On my iPad they looks the same as an iPhone X running 12.x. Maybe only certain cities got the nice updates or are rolled out so far.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Don’t forget iOS 13 will install the new Shortcuts app and some of your existing shortcuts might break. It’s not hard to fix them, but depending on how many you have it could be time consuming. Dont get me wrong, iOS 13 is stable so I would still install it, but just know that there are some bugs.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Another issue I’ve encountered is being unable to change the ringer volume with the rocker buttons. If I am playing a video, the new UI pops up for video sound. But nothing for ringer volume otherwise.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Another really nice feature is sharing. You now have the option to share directly to a contact in messages. Saves a click and adding a contact every time, just like Android. Finally!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro