iOS 13 Developer Beta 2

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
My mail has been slow to load at times but not bad enough to use another app yet anyway

I just discovered i can’t delete any email in my gmail accounts. When the email moves to the trash folder it appears to be deleting but when it resyncs bam its back in the folder again. Hmmm... It maybe happening to other email providers too haven’t tried them yet.

tr1ad

Trusted Member
Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
In what way has the native Mail app been buggy, if you don't mind me asking?

Main inbox doesn’t always show the latest email - blank most of the time, sometimes unread counter shows 50+ on the home screen and occasionally the keyboard sticks

But hey it’s a beta

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
In what way has the native Mail app been buggy, if you don't mind me asking?

It keeps saying I have unread messages when I don’t. After checking all new mail, it still indicates I have new messages. So eventually I turned off badge notifications but now I’m not even using the stock mail app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Syncing/loading issue, main mailbox isn’t too bad, can’t delete trash, and that’s where I stopped using it.

Thanks. It’s not widespread, I suppose, because all of my accounts via the native Mail app loads, syncs and deletes without any problems. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved for you soon.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It keeps saying I have unread messages when I don’t. After checking all new mail, it still indicates I have new messages. So eventually I turned off badge notifications but now I’m not even using the stock mail app

Thanks. Hopefully the issue will resolved for you sooner than later.

Thus far, I’m not experiencing any of that, but if that changes, I’ll definitely report back.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Main inbox doesn’t always show the latest email - blank most of the time, sometimes unread counter shows 50+ on the home screen and occasionally the keyboard sticks

But hey it’s a beta

Wow! I’ve been quite fortunate with the beta build. None of that is occurring on my iPhone X. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved for you soon. Thanks for replying.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. It’s not widespread, I suppose, because all of my accounts via the native Mail app loads, syncs and deletes without any problems. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved for you soon.

Not widespread? If you actually have no issues with the native Mail app, you’re literally the only person I’ve seen who doesn’t have any bugs with it like that. And as stated, the only bug that is really problematic is deleting mail from the trash folder.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just discovered i can’t delete any email in my gmail accounts. When the email moves to the trash folder it appears to be deleting but when it resyncs bam its back in the folder again. Hmmm... It maybe happening to other email providers too haven’t tried them yet.

After reading your post and others, I had mail to delete in all 5 configured email accounts on my iPhone X. They all deleted from the inbox and went to the trash folder. I then deleted them from the trash folders and then refreshed the folders multiple times, but the email remained deleted.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Not widespread? If you actually have no issues with the native Mail app, you’re literally the only person I’ve seen who doesn’t have any bugs with it like that. And as stated, the only bug that is really problematic is deleting mail from the trash folder.

I created a screen recording to post, but I need to blur out some information beforehand. I’ll post a link to it later today.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Exactly, even for me the mail app is buggy. And that really says something.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
After reading your post and others, I had mail to delete in all 5 configured email accounts on my iPhone X. They all deleted from the inbox and went to the trash folder. I then deleted them from the trash folders and then refreshed the folders multiple times, but the email remained deleted.

Im using a iphone 7 Plus I wonder if its specific to the device. I reset phone and reinstalled the beta it does it on Beta 1 and Beta 2. I opened a ticket or feedback about it to Apple. Until its fixed i will delete email through the web browser. I haven’t tried the Public Beta yet to see if it does it on that one.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Here is the screen recording I made earlier depicting me deleting email from one of my configured email accounts. Theres a 3-second black-out in the video to prevent the displaying of personal information. Afterwards, it shows me deleting the email from the inbox and then refreshing the inbox to make sure that the email didn't re-appear. I did the same thing with the trash folder, and as you'll see, deleted email stayed deleted.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SzOJXbx_3JQJ6mg91leFIFzjTklyhBMQ

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Here is the screen recording I made earlier depicting me deleting email from one of my configured email accounts. Theres a 3-second black-out in the video to prevent the displaying of personal information. Afterwards, it shows me deleting the email from the inbox and then refreshing the inbox to make sure that the email didn't re-appear. I did the same thing with the trash folder, and as you'll see, deleted email stayed deleted.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SzOJXbx_3JQJ6mg91leFIFzjTklyhBMQ

I didn’t really doubt you, but also that video shows a single email. And even swiping doesn’t always work, it bugs out and takes 10+ seconds to swipe, but if I can get it to swipe, it will delete a single email permanently. I have too many emails to bother with singular deletions though.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn’t really doubt you, but also that video shows a single email. And even swiping doesn’t always work, it bugs out and takes 10+ seconds to swipe, but if I can get it to swipe, it will delete a single email permanently. I have too many emails to bother with singular deletions though.

I didn't take your comments negatively, sir. As for the single email, I had literally deleted several emails prior to reading your post and the one depicted in the video had just arrived in the inbox so I used it to show that I had not experienced any issues with the native Mail app thus far.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I din't take your comments negatively, sir. As for the single email, I had literally deleted several emails prior to reading your post and the depicted in the video had just arrived in the inbox so I used it to show that I had not experienced any issues with the native Mail app thus far.

Fair point, I would definitely consider yourself as a lucky outlier.

Joe Dineen

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Evernote is fully crashing every time I try to access the app. Does anyone have a fix or do I need to wait for Evernote to get it together?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR