iOS 13 Developer Beta 2

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Battery has been horrendous - phone at 100 this morning around 7:30 (it’s 1pm now). Charged once for about 5 mins in the car a couple of hours ago. And I’ve barely used the phone at all (playing a game for a couple of minutes, checking App Store downloads, etc., but I’ve been working or at the gym all day otherwise...)

c9e57b00e2c9883defd1e518635275cc.jpg

Same for my SE. Really bad battery life. Otherwise I love iOS 13!

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, great and please keep us updated, if you don’t mind.

Much better the second half of the day after charging the phone to 100%, closing out all of my open apps (some of which were probably left over from iOS 12) and doing a hard reboot.

As shown below - significantly better battery life with more usage (seems back to what normal has been)!

7711e82ad65663b598e1ba35ab77cefb.jpg

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Much better the second half of the day after charging the phone to 100%, closing out all of my open apps (some of which were probably left over from iOS 12) and doing a hard reboot.

As shown below - significantly better battery life with more usage (seems back to what normal has been)!

7711e82ad65663b598e1ba35ab77cefb.jpg

That’s good. I haven’t had any battery issues on beta 1 or 2 on my XS. Battery has been almost on par with 12.3. Just slightly less which I’m pleased with on a very early better. Better than years past.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Oh heck no! iMessages or text messages are on my phone maybe three days tops before they’re deleted. Most of the time, they’re deleted just before going to bed each night.

I treat messages like email. It’s a very resourceful thing to go to for reference. Not deleting messages has helped me save a lot of time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I treat messages like email. It’s a very resourceful thing to go to for reference. Not deleting messages has helped me save a lot of time.

I’m sure. If I communicated with clients via iMessage/sms messages, I would probably maintain them, however, all my text messages are personal and can easily be deleted.

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with AirPods 2nd gen notice that with iOS 13 beta 2 (and maybe beta 1 as well) the battery indicator is completely erratic, jumping from 13% to 95% then, say, 70%, on each AirPod and on AirPod case, when they are all close to being fully charged?

I’ve removed the AirPods, reset them with a long hold on the case button, reconnected, etc., several times, but the issue persists. On my Apple Watch 4 with WatchOS 6 beta 2, the AirPod battery indicator appears to be correct.

Maybe someone here with a real Developer account (not that I don’t have one, of course...) might want to report this to Apple.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Maybe someone here with a real Developer account (not that I don’t have one, of course...) might want to report this to Apple.

Then take the time and report it as you did here please. You should have the feedback app on your phone.

I don’t have AirPods so I can’t test it.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with AirPods 2nd gen notice that with iOS 13 beta 2 (and maybe beta 1 as well) the battery indicator is completely erratic, jumping from 13% to 95% then, say, 70%, on each AirPod and on AirPod case, when they are all close to being fully charged?

I’ve removed the AirPods, reset them with a long hold on the case button, reconnected, etc., several times, but the issue persists. On my Apple Watch 4 with WatchOS 6 beta 2, the AirPod battery indicator appears to be correct.

I did not see any post on the beta 13 developer forums about your issue, but that doesn’t mean it’s not an issue.

Try rebooting the phone also.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I’ll report it for you.....Done!

Last edited:

theflyingbeagle

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Non developer - installed ios13 beta 1 on a spare iPad- all was well, after ios13 beta 2 looked good, it is now installed on my daily driver iPad Pro 11 - and everything is working well - all apps open and work ok. Will now wait a couple of days but considering installing on my iPhone XS. Loving all the new features but automated shortcuts, new files app and the new safari are my favourite so far

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded Dev Beta 2 last night and now I’m not getting notifications on my Apple Watch. Is this a known issue? Is there anyway to fix it?

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
iOS13 Beta 2 sounds stable enough for me to try on my backup iPhone X. Guess that I need to get a developer account to try it out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh