iOS 13 Developer Beta 1

KenV54

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm an end user on Athena, but have talked many times with their tech support.

With the iOS 12 initial developer betas on both iPhone and iPad, I could not logon to AthenaNet. Athena says that they do not support the coding of a new major iOS update. I'm not sure why that is--maybe they consider it to be a security or HIPAA issue. If you wanted to talk with one of the Atena people, that would be great.

As it is, if I upgrade to the iOS beta 13 on my phone, the only way I can logon to Athena is via Google Remote to my MacBook Pro, which works, but is cumbersome.

Last edited:

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Just tried facetime for the first time today. Video is smooth for a bit then switches to poor connection which leads to a frozen image of the person. After a while the video feed returns to normal.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm an end user on Athena, but have talked many times with their tech support.

With the iOS 12 initial developer betas on both iPhone and iPad, I could not logon to AthenaNet. Athena says that they do not support the coding of a new major iOS update. I'm not sure why that is--maybe they consider it to be a security or HIPAA issue. If you wanted to talk with one of the Atena people, that would be great.

As it is, if I upgrade to the iOS beta 13 on my phone, the only way I can logon to Athena is via Google Remote to my MacBook Pro, which works, but is cumbersome.

That’s annoying but I could understand how this could become a potential HIPAA issue. The only way we’re able to use the beta with our software is if we use the company supplied test devices. Years ago I was able to use my personal device, but not anymore.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The beta has been so amazing so far. On my iPhone it’s been pretty flawless but on my iPad there’s a major bug where the keyboard sits in the center of the screen and I can’t see what I’m typing.

Ok in this screenshot I can see but during quick replies for messages it’s really bad.

df16c5f5a3abe3cd8e7457c49f7802c0.jpg

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
A small but welcome change.

The positive feedback is making me want to install the beta on my iPhone (my daily driver). I have the ipsw and I have my phone backed up but haven’t had the guts to pull the trigger yet.
I’ve been running betas on my daily driver seems like forever, but then again I always set up as new and don’t use many third party app’s. I’ve always had a good experience except for the known bugs and occasional app crash, but I can live with that.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been running betas on my daily driver seems like forever, but then again I always set up as new and don’t use many third party app’s. I’ve always had a good experience except for the known bugs and occasional app crash, but I can live with that.

I typically run betas with the exception of super early betas like 13.0. We’ll see if I cave tonight!

I have 240 apps on my iPhone so my reliance on third party apps is slightly greater than yours.

Jumpman89

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Pretty solid build after a couple of days of use. Getting normal app crashes with some apps -- TheScore being the most frequent. GPS is glitchy and there are some fonts throughout the OS that are overlapping. I too get the App Store issue but pushing retry a few times fixes it. Noticed a few iMessage hiccups in regards to the screen jumping around and messages not showing up on my phone. Other than that, pretty stable and exciting. Love the new share features and of course the Darth Vader theme.

Arkidelik

Dec 14, 2018
Visit site
Not sure if we’re combining the discussion here for iPadOS 13, but Sidecar functionality is awesome!

Moreover, I have to say that iPadOS 13 is running smoother on my iPad Pro 12.9 than it is on my iPhone. No fatal bugs, just some small glitches that I tend to see on my iPhoneX, where as my iPad is running incredibly smoothly all around!

Loving it. I also find that if I move the mixer window in Logic Pro X from my MBP to my iPad mini (5th gen), I can adjust the faders using my Apple Pencil. A very pleasant surprise.

Jumpman89

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Btw, CarPlay refreshes are outstanding. I work in the auto sales business and love convincing my reps to convince their clients that manufacturer nav is a thing of the past!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Btw, CarPlay refreshes are outstanding. I work in the auto sales business and love convincing my reps to convince their clients that manufacturer nav is a thing of the past!

I have built-in nav on my truck and my wife’s Jeep. We never use it. Actually, I haven’t used built-in nav in a few years.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

The positive feedback is making me want to install the beta on my iPhone (my daily driver). I have the ipsw and I have my phone backed up but haven’t had the guts to pull the trigger yet.

You should. You can do it. I have all faith in you. Go Rob, go Rob.

Jumpman89

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have built-in nav on my truck and my wife’s Jeep. We never use it. Actually, I haven’t used built-in nav in a few years.

CarPlay and Android Auto have eliminated the need for it. But I still get clients all the time who "have to have it" despite plugging their iPhones in and never using it lol

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site

If you do, when you find a good stable beta just stay there !
Because there good stable beta and bad one...

Also before you do update, give us 5 app's you can’t live whitout and maybe some of us can tell you if it’s ok on the beta 1.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
If you do, when you find a good stable beta just stay there !
Because there good stable beta and bad one...

Also before you do update, give us 5 app's you can’t live whitout and maybe some of us can tell you if it’s ok on the beta 1.

Deal. Here’s my must-haves:

Twitter
Spotify
Edison Mail
Chase
Hue
Overcast

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Deal. Here’s my must-haves:

Twitter
Spotify
Edison Mail
Chase
Hue
Overcast

What is your iPhone ?

I got the iPhone 8 and Twitter and Hue are working well for me !

I got Spotify free and it work fine also !

3 out of 6 is a good start !!!

50% approved !

Oh I forgot but I have Overcast on my iPhone but don’t use it and I test it and it work well too !

So 4 out of 6 !!!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
What is your iPhone ?

I got the iPhone 8 and Twitter and Hue are working well for me !

I got Spotify free and it work fine also !

3 out of 6 is a good start !!!

50% approved !

Thanks for the heads up on the three! I have an iPhone XS Max.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh